Scuba & Snorkelling • Boat Tours
- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked according to revenue made by Tripadvisor on those bookings, plus the number of page views by Tripadvisor users, and the quantity and quality of reviews
What travellers are saying
- This was absolutely magical. We were brought to an island and found dozens of conch shells and even some sand dollars, and so much more. We were the only people on the island most of the day and snorkeled too. It was the highlight of our week long vacationWritten 19 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I feel very fortunate I found Ty Luckett because he knows his craft and how to communicate what’s right and wrong and sees your mistakes right away for correction making lessons with Ty simply a 100% positive experience. I totally recommend anyone who desires to get good quickly and solidly, to call Ty. I assure you there is no better! Thank you Captain Ty!Written 13 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Thankful we were able to be booked for a 3 hour trip in under a week notice. Kelly was a great boatmen & knowledgeable on the area. We felt safe going out with are young kids.
We chose clamming and shell hunting. We all enjoyed the clamming. Found 60 clams. Kids also found hermit crabs to their delight.
While shelling, Kelly put out some real treasures for out boys to find.
This was the highlight of the trip to OBX. Our second time using Godspeed Charters. Highly recommend.Written 3 May 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great trip! - Caught the boat limit! Captain Jay and Mate Garrett were incredibly professional and operated like a Swiss watch! Will definitely be back on this boat with this crew!
The Marina was really nice as well with taking care of the fish and vacuum seal and freezing until we left the island at the end of the week!Written 22 August 2019
- Went on a 1/2 day near shore fishing trip. Captain Brian is very professional and the boat is top notch. Lance was our 1st mate and excellent at his job. We caught some decent Spanish Mackerels, and our teens had a great time. This was a test to see how they did on the water. No sea sickness, so we are now planning a full day offshore trip next time.Written 20 June 2020
- A group of us have been shore fishing the OBX for many years and decided to try something different year. We called around to the local bait shops for recommendations and Hook Up Charter with Capt John Canning came up several times. He's young but very focused on achieving your goal to catch fish. So much so that he doesn't communicate very well as to his intentions to get you those fish but if the fish are there, he will find them by talking with his fellow charters and friends as to where they are. We were supposed to fish inshore (we assumed the sound) but realized we were heading out of Ocracoke Inlet into the ocean. Capt John only told us of the change after being asked and it was because the fishing reports for the sound were not good. We rolled with it but it would have been nice to know before we started as one of the group is prone to getting seasick. Regardless, Capt John got us on several groups of blues and we had a ball. In no time we hit our quota and went looking for Spanish mackerel. If the rain hadn't started and our friend had been feeling better, we would have continued looking but we decided to call it a success and go back in. Overall it was a great experience and we'll consider doing it again next year.Written 31 October 2022
- If you like to fish and you want to go our for the day or a half a day, give this guy / company a try. He is very smart and knows how to catch fish. The weather was good and we had a blast. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to do something outside.Written 13 April 2019
- Right from the call I made to Rick I knew this was going to be good, Rick explain all the charters that was available and cost, explained how to book it on website( SAVE ABOUT $50 BOOKING ON HIS SITE). We caught about 40lb of fish on the inlet charter, mostly Spanish mackerel So much fun we book A deepsea charter for the next day.Written 9 September 2019
- Our party fished with Captain Andy and Clay over the weekend, and we had an absolute blast. We filled our coolers with deliciousness which we will enjoy many weeks to come. Clay was on top of everything and Captain Andy did everything possible to put us in the fish. Everything was top notch - the boat, the equipment and the knowledge. I would highly recommend him to anyone who wants a good ole day of fishing.Written 4 August 2022
- Great trip! Captain Tom and mate Hunter are the best. We had 2 anxious 1st time ladies going. They took every precaution to insure not only their comfort, but their experience fishing. Captain Tom kept us on the fish, Hunter worked diligently to help us bring them in.
You must try them if you are wondering who to hire. I have been on several, and this team is the best!Written 4 June 2020
- Captain Rick Caton and first mate Tater gave our group of 4 the best fishing experience we have ever had. They got to the fishing ground extremely quickly and literally the moment our lines hit the water we were catching blue fish and mackerel faster than we could keep up with and it did not stop throughout the entire trip. These guys seriously know what they are doing and truly go out of their way to make sure their guests get a great experience. Do not deprive yourself of a great time and a cooler full of fish, I guarantee it is worth every penny and then some. Thank you to Captain Rick and the Free Agent crew for an experience we will never forget!!Written 17 August 2017
- While everyone else was struggling to catch anything, Captain Mike and his first mate worked tirelessly making adjustments to try and get as much fish into the boat as they could.
We ended up with 4 black fine tuna, 2 wahoo and 5 Amberjack. This is not a fancy lounging boat. This is a very well equipped and tightly run fishing boat. If you want air conditioning and a DVD player this is not your charter. If you want an amazing day catching fish, give Captain Mike Warren call.
Jory BocknekWritten 21 August 2017
- had an awesome time josh was a wonderful mate that dude knows his business inside and out capital was the man made sure we came back with lots of " meat" and we for sure did just that 110lbs thank u very much thank you josh n caption Troy u guys are truly what fishing is all about thanks for the memories!!!Written 16 May 2018
- I have fished with Captain Dale for close to Forty Years. My Kids and later Grandkids have learned to fish offshore with Dale. Captain Jay and Captain Jim. The boat is safe and Derek is Great with Kids. Once you are back on the dock with a load of fish to clean Dan Oden and Crew are ready to clean and package them for travel home.
Go Fishing and Make a Lifetime of Memories!!!
Dick HarrisWritten 29 May 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Hatteras
- These are the best places for kid-friendly tours in Hatteras:See more tours for children in Hatteras on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for tours in Hatteras:See more tours for adrenaline seekers in Hatteras on Tripadvisor