- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Love this place with its narrow hallway , separate rooms and variety. This trip I stumbled across a Pez key chain to add to my collection. Also love the records of various artists that are carved into their likeness.Written 22 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Sep 2022, OMG still the BEST Cider Sugar Doughnuts around New York State. We have been coming here ever year and they still taste the same, DELICIOUS. The owner is wonderful. All and all, you MUST come here for doughnuts.Written 17 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Cold Spring Antiques Center is also known as the CS Vault since they are located in a former bank building and have a huge, room sized safe that they use to display merchandise. The owners, Tom and Nancy, couldn't be nicer or more informative about the hundreds (thousands?) of items that are sold here.
No matter what you're looking for in the way of antiques and vintage, you probably can find it here, whether some jewelry, a knick knack for the home or even a prop for a movie or video. There are over 40 dealers who sell here, so you never know what you'll find.
Prices are very reasonable, some downright cheap, even for quality merchandise. The shop is usually packed on weekends with people from all over including young hipsters from the City.
If you're in Cold Spring, don't miss a chance to visit the Antique Center. It's very convenient by train or car.Written 13 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's lovely to have your own local gallery to show at, and this one seems to cater exclusively to locals. An inquiry into submitting slides for a show was met with apathy and doubt. Some excellent shows have been put up, and some not so much. I don't bother with the openings because I don't know any of the artists or their families there, and have never felt welcome. It can get very hot when crowded. The wine runs out in the first hour. Alternatively, you can see OK from outside the window.Written 27 August 2018
- What a beautiful shop. Great place for gifts for self care and friends. Unusual crafted fragrances for home and personal wear. Beautiful atmosphere, friendly enthusiastic staff. Can't wait to go back for holiday shopping.Written 12 August 2022
- When visiting Cold Spring, NY you have to go the first Friday event of every month. It is when all the merchants do something cool in their shops by giving discounts and specials. We went to Gallery 66 on Main Street because of the great art. I was told that they change their exhibits every month so you never know what is coming up next making visiting them a new experience all the time. The gallery has two large rooms and a very beautiful outdoor sculpture garden great for taking photos. In all a great stop while visiting Main Street, thank you.Written 7 September 2016
- My favorite part of the store was Caryn. I walked in and saw all the great things she had. She was very helpful and friendly. My girlfriends and I cant wait to go back. I picked up a few unique items. If you are town definitely a place you must stop in to see and shop. You won't regret it.Written 2 February 2021
- We selected this store as one of the antique shops we wanted to explore based on TripAdvisor reviews and recommendations from other websites on Hudson Valley antique stores to visit. The drive to get there was a plus, as the road wound through the Hudson Valley countryside along the Hudson River from Rte 84; we stopped a few times to take pictures.
We liked this store the best of all antique shops we browsed on Main Street. The store was quite large in depth, had a great variety of merchandise from multiple dealers that was well organized. The cashier was very welcoming.
There were also a good variety of other stores intermixed with the antique shops. After parking our car on Main Street, it was an easy, pleasant stroll up and down the blocks. Many other shoppers were also stopped at one of the many outside cafes for lunch. If you decide to stop, I hope you enjoy Cold Spring's Main Street as much as we did.Written 7 October 2016
- We visited during a visit to Cold Spring. What an exceptional well curated collection of adult and kids books. I found books that I had looked for and not found in other places.
The owner was extremely helpful when I asked about certain books.
I loved the kids section and found several books for my grandchildren.
If I am in the area I again I will return to visit.
RecommendedWritten 3 September 2022
- Beautiful items for home self and pantry. Nicely decorated and welcoming staff. Many European products to choose from as wellWritten 11 December 2022
- I'm a local and went into this place for the first time while doing my holiday shopping. They have some amazing one-of-a-kind and super unique jewelry and hats. Prices vary from reasonable to very high, but if you want to buy something really unique and jewelry or hats that are a real art and conversation piece, you should definitely stop in. I will definitely go back!!!Written 21 December 2015
- Cold Spring might be synonymous with antiquing, but some of the newer shops are bringing contemporary style to Main Street. Burkelman's housewares and furniture would look at home in a modern metropolis, but there is something uniquely Hudson Valley about their style. They have mod chairs, couches, coffee tables, and other large furniture. That's paired with rustic serving platters, offbeat barware, and . Entire walls are devoted to the range of lambswool, velvet, and patterned pillows, rugs, and throws. It's all high end, but I can always find something suitable for a small gift.Written 30 January 2018
- My girlfriend and I had to kill time before meeting up with another girlfriend of ours at a nearby restaurant. We visited the Pink Olive and were graciously greeted by the owner/manager. We were impressed with the many locally made high quality gifts. The next time we visit Cold Spring, we will make a point to devote more time to shopping!Written 5 October 2018
- This is a group of stores in separate rooms, with a different theme in each room. The beauty of this is that there is something of interest for everyone in your group, of every age. They make shopping together as a family fun again!Written 5 October 2018