- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked according to revenue made by Tripadvisor on those bookings, plus the number of page views by Tripadvisor users, and the quantity and quality of reviews
11 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Captain Jerome and his crew were an absolute delight. They made our Sunday morning sail remarkable and a day to remember. We felt safe on board, relaxed and had a blast. Highly recommend this for a date night, bach weekend, anniversary or just because!Written 15 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The cruise was relaxing and informative. The captain and crew members gave my sister and me a lot of information about the Hudson River history, homes along the way, and history of Kingston, NY. A great way to spend an afternoon or evening on the river!Written 16 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our group had a great sail with captain Dan this Labor Day weekend! He was very friendly and conversational, knew a lot about the river.
They had a good selection of drinks: water, beer, wine. Decent quality items too.
The snacks were good quality also, not ritz and cheddar. The bread, crackers, cheese were good, there was also a smoked bluefish that was good.
It was fun to sit on the nets and see the water flowing underneath, good views from the front nets especially.Written 7 September 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was a really pleasant experience! I loved the calm waters of the river and the small rapids at the waterfall. Kayaking upstream and being led back to the island with the breeze and the current was incredible! I really appreciated the help and guidance of the managers, they were really sweet and also offered us a drive back :)Written 25 July 2022
- I took my wife and daughter on the Black Swan for an incredible Mother's Day present along with my 3 year old granddaughter. It doesn't matter if you are 3 or an adult, you will love it. 2 1/2 hours sailing on the historic canal and the crew is very accommodating. It's definitely one of the best values that you will have in the Hudson Valley.Written 21 May 2021
- Hubby and I were looking for something to do on a beautiful Saturday afternoon and I stumbled upon Hudson Valley Watersports in Kingston. I reserved 2 water bikes for that morning. We had so much fun, couldn't stop laughing. Gio the owner is super nice and his family is also, they are very easy to do business with and he's retired Coast Guard so support him. We rented for 2 hours and it was the perfect amount. Don't waste your time going to The Walkway Over the Hudson and deal with rude people, go out on the water and have a blast. You can make it as easy or as difficult as you choose. Gio also has a boat you can rent. We will definitely be back again and will bring friends next time. Thank you Gio and family for an amazing dayWritten 10 July 2022
- Will probably be better once all the track is back and you actually head up to Phoenicia. That said, the train does take you into a little bit of the Catskills (not much) and then heads back. Hopefully, they will add a stop at one of the old depots? Unfortunately, the foliage wasn't the best this past weekend but there were some good spots to see.Written 22 October 2021
- R&F makes encaustic based paints and in their public space organize exhibitions of work by artists who have some success using those materials.
The two exhibitions I have seen showed work of mature artists who found imaginative ways to work with R&F's materials.Written 1 April 2013
- Emailed a bunch of places for a striped bass fishing charter in the hudson river (kingston area).
They were the only ones to reply and the owner told me the season was over. He recommended other activities and took time out of his day just to help me out. Looking forward to next season in april and may.Written 17 June 2014
Frequently Asked Questions about Kingston
- These are the best places for kid-friendly tours in Kingston:See more tours for children in Kingston on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking tours in Kingston:See more tours for couples in Kingston on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly tours in Kingston:See more budget-friendly tours in Kingston on Tripadvisor