- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Gorgeous works of art that are very thought provoking. Each piece of art in the gallery has a plaque of what the artist Donna was thinking at the time. She also points out different things to look for in the piece which makes it interactive and fun. We had a chance to chat with her and she’s so lovely! Such a fun time can’t wait to come back and see what other beauties she makes!Written 10 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We planned to go to a theater performance but were a month early. So while we were there we decided to go to the Dorsky Museum of Art. First we saw an exhibit of contemporary Hudson Valley artists. It was very good with interesting pieces. Truly stimulating. After that we went to an exhibition on the topic of Tonalism: Pathway from the Hudson River School to Modern Art. This was eye-opening! There were several artists represented that are not household words but deserve wider recognition. The exhibit has just the right size to get a good overview of what Tonalism is and how it contributed to modern art. If you have never been to this museum give it a try. It is well worth the time!!Written 4 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Barner Books has a high quality selection of used books, mainly for the literary minded. They are particularly strong in NY and regional history and geography, US history and politics, philosophy and religion, and literature classics. We purchased several books here while visiting on vacation.Written 21 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We spend our summers in New Paltz & are always looking for something different to do. This night there was a open house showing a local artist. It's a nice small space. Interesting art & people.
A nice place to spend 30-45 minutes seeing local talent.Written 5 June 2019
- I come here daily. Amazing place with many adorable mom & pop shops and restaurants like The Mudd Puddle, grasery, The Parish, Koshner Bros, and j'ard, just to name a few. Also many great antique shops, an art gallery, clothing stores, and a koi pond. Great place, 100% recommendWritten 8 April 2021
- Located in New Paltz & EZ parking for a quick cookie stop! They're famous for their chocolate chip cookies, but their selection of all types of breads & muffins are incredible! Many "2/for$" deals & low discount prices! Worth the stop, for sure!Written 14 April 2017
- Go there right now and buy some cheese. They have cheese to go and they offer cheese boards, sandwiches, ice cream, and other things! All of their cheese is delicious and Hugh quality. I love Jake’s Aged Gouda! The staff is also extremely knowledgeable and friendly and they will ensure that you have the best experience and the best tasting cheese!Written 21 October 2019
- We love this little shop! The owners really know their stuff. Lots of gourmet oils, condiments, pastas, and best of all, aged vinegar. They sell empty bottles so you can fill up. The good stuff is in a cask by the register. Aged 20+ years. Imported, reasonable cost. It's so good it's like dessert. Great for gifts.Written 24 March 2016
- Love this shop. Very magical and spiritual to me. The staff is great. Dani always know what I need. I go there every year. Lisa is always spot on with your horoscopes of the month. This us the only spiritual shop I purchased my crystals and buy what drawn to me.Written 12 July 2022
- This gallery showcases the work of Ryan Cronin. The space is pretty small given the scale of some of his work.Written 4 June 2018
- I feel warm when I visit Handmade...This shop has interesting items of things you realize you didn't want until you walked through the door...Written 4 March 2020
- We were in the area for Fall Foliage and strolled Main Street. We had breakfast and did some shopping in the small stores. Heady Teddy was a fun shop that we picked up some mood rings, and other accessories.Written 7 December 2017
- I've visited Eden annually over the last three years and I'm always impressed by the store's beautiful curation and the overall style. I *always* buy something there, and even though the prices are very affordable, those pieces continue to please me AND get compliments, years later. Highly recommend.Written 4 July 2015