- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
44 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 44
What travellers are saying
- Loved it, pity we didn't arrive earlier and do more of the trail. Nevertheless I got my steps in walking from one side to the other and back. Highly recommended if your in the area.Written 2 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a wonderful tour of Locus Grove. There were so many people on the 10:15am tour that the Director called in one of the docents to come take us on a tour of the mansion.
Ethel was the best! What a great tour guide. Since there was only five of us on the tour, we got a personalized tour of the house. The house was so beautifully decorated for the holidays with trees and garland all over the house. All the rooms were decorated which they are normally not in most of these homes and the volunteers did such a good job in decorating.
Every room of the house reflected the Young family's collections and all the items were left by the family when the last family member passed away in the 1970's. It was a real peek into the lives of the family that lived there and how they lived. The kitchen and the dining room were beautifully decorated for Christmas dinner while the rest of the house looked like it was ready to receive guests.
In the summer the grounds are really beautiful but in the middle of the winter they are pretty barren and slushy. Still the house is beautifully designed for the holidays and should not be missed.Written 17 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Really impressed by the collections here, both historic and modern. It was a nice hour or two and the exhibits were well displayed and encouraged contemplation. Not surprised to learn that Vassar was the first college with an art museum in its charter based on this experience. And, it's free!Written 30 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Bardavon Opera House is a warm, welcoming concert hall for those near and afar. The acoustics are great and the design/decor is lovely.Written 25 August 2022
- We were driving and saw Vassar College and drove through the campus. What a beautiful campus, situated on the Hudson River, the architecture of the building were beautiful. The history of the college is incredible. A beautiful place to go to college.Written 27 July 2022
- My grandchildren had a great time at this museum in Poughkeepsie. We spent about 3 hrs trying the various exhibits. Outside we had a great picnic lunch overlooking the Hudson River.Written 13 May 2020
- We took the turn into the campus at the suggestion of a family we met at an attraction further up the Hudson. Campus is lovely, buildings are interesting, location in the riverside is worth the 15 minute drive through. Surprised and disappointed to see throngs of students at a local food truck, all closely packed and unmasked.Written 6 September 2021
- Adams has always been my favorite place to shop. Their quality of food and their employees make a trip to the store a pleasure. Now in the middle of this pandemic, they have proven their commitment to our community. I have used some of the delivery services out there and was not pleased with them. Then I heard about Adam’s curbside pickup. Within 24 hours I was contacted telling me my groceries were ready for pickup. They were loaded into my trunk with no contact. I received all of my groceries. They were of high quality and packaged with great care. Thank you Adams. We are very lucky to have a store like this in our community.Written 21 April 2020
- This is a lovely historic building worth a visit. If you are coming for polite and fast service go to another post office. But do stop by at least once to see the structure.Written 13 October 2019
- I love it there the place is so tranquil.. The staff is the Best. I often take my children there too relax after a hard day of work and read books to them.Written 1 July 2019
- I have been coming up to the Hudson River Valley for many years and I have never before really explored Poughkeepsie. I had been downtown years ago when it was gentrifying but that was in 1997.
The whole waterfront area and lower Main Street and the waterfront is going through a change right now with newer people snatching up homes in the historic Union Street area, lower Downtown and the Waterfront adding in new bars, restaurants and stores. Little Italy does not exist pretty much any more except for two restaurants, a hair salon and a bakery and one pizzeria. The rest is being renovated for artists who are moving into the area and renovating the houses in this section.
The Walkway Across the Hudson is changing all of this as is new housing by the river. Poughkeepsie is a City to watch.Written 21 September 2020
- This place is amazing for kids. The teachers are fabulous. The environment is supportive, calm with a lot of fun added.Written 10 January 2018
- Best church in the Hudson Valley. No frills, no gold dust, no acrobatics, just bible teaching and joy. God is really using CCOHV to change lives.Written 7 June 2021
- I started coming by here with First Fridays in Poughkeepsie. It is always an open and inviting place, with some art displays, sometimes by local artists, sometimes with children's work. A small sales area is available for those who want t shirts or jewelry. The times I have been there a pottery display area is also part of the Center.Written 9 April 2018
- The acting and shows are just wonderful. You can see the pride the performers have when they are doing the playsWritten 10 July 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Poughkeepsie
- The best outdoor activities in Poughkeepsie according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Poughkeepsie on Tripadvisor
Poughkeepsie Attractions Information
|Local Time||Sunday 2:49 PM|