Historic Sites • Architectural Buildings
Top Attractions in Tarrytown
What travellers are saying
- Unreal our experience was really the best Christmas family day trip we all enjoyed our time there ! We have been to Newport RI in Nov to see the mansions decorated for Christmas the houses we grand and beautiful however Lyndhurst Mansion by far the best decorated we have ever seen !!!! with original antiques and the Christmas decor was just exquisite !!!! We took many beautiful family photos ! The staff was so very friendly and knowledgeable !!!someone in every room to discuss the family history and contents of the mansion it was so nicely done. It was worth every penny ! Our family has been many places and this was a very memorable experience. Thank you so much to the society and their efforts can’t wait to visit in spring to tour rest of the mansion ! I highly recommend your family will not be disappointed !Written 28 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Informative in a lovely setting. The entertainment was top-notch. It was a pleasure getting immersed in the history.Written 8 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful views of the hudson. No grilling allowed but you can bring your already prepared meals and enjoy them here. You can also bring your pups.Written 22 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Traveling back and forth to Connecticut from New Jersey was easier by taking this bridge over the George Washington Bridge in New York City. The lanes are better and so much smoother. The traffic breezed along without delay. Nice 👍 trip.Written 25 December 2021
- If you are tired of the insecure, plastic posh of Manhattan/Brooklyn, embrace yourself in the wonderland of Ona. A true tastemaker and visionary merchant with the heart of a child and a fountain of knowledge and humor. Her curation touches my heart without the utterance of a word. You could see her passion and curiosity poured through the meticulous selection of handcrafted goods around the world. It's really a treat and I'm sure something in Ona's store will bring a smile to your face and bring forth warm memories of the more innocent past.Written 29 May 2022
- Go at sunset, bring chairs and food basket, sit on benches if u can face the bridge, between light house and boat docks , At sunset the bridge lights up,Written 14 December 2020
- Sleepy Hollow is an amazing place to visit during the Halloween season. Highly recommend checking out the hayride they have in town!Written 22 October 2022
- This is a cute little lighthouse on the harbor walk. It is fenced off, but you can get quite to take a picture. The lighthouse is near a wall with some nice murals that you don’t see until you are near the lighthouse.Written 15 May 2022
- This a pretty trail that parallels the Hudson River and ultimately leads to the lighthouse an Kingsland Park. The summer is the best time to walk, as winter can render the path icy and uneven. Dogs are allowed on the pathWritten 14 March 2021
- Great views of the Tappan Zee (Mario Cuomo) Bridge. The wall mural along the foot path provides additional richness to this little hideaway spot. Great for a casual walk. Better yet, bring some lawn chairs and watch the boats & kayaks pass by.Written 22 September 2022
- This was a beautiful display and very honoring to our military. Be sure and take a flash light so you can walk the entire field at night and see this wonderful display when it is all lit up. Don't miss it !Written 17 January 2020
- If you are interested in bridge construction and complete documentation on the iconic Tappan Zee Bridge reconstruction now well underway in Tarrytown, do take in this storefront information center right in the center of town.Written 7 July 2018
- Nice place, very friendly large amount of stuff - comic books toys cabinets china and clothes. Very nice atmosphereWritten 11 November 2015
Frequently Asked Questions about Tarrytown
- The best outdoor activities in Tarrytown according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Tarrytown on Tripadvisor