Historic Sites • Religious Sites
Top Attractions in Ein Kerem
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- This church is up a paved track from the carpark below. It is an easy trek through pleasant semi-rural scenery. The church itself is associated with Mary's visit to Elizabeth and is a colourful place with small gardens and a terrace outside. Worth visiting if you have already seen the major sites in Jerusalem.Written 18 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- John the Baptist baptized Jesus in the River Jordan. Mary, the mother of Jesus, visited Elizabeth, her cousin, here. This Church is much-loved by pilgrims, especially Catholics, for whom Mary and Elizabeth hold special significance. You can see the Church of the Visitation, and the Grotto, the birthplace of John the Baptist. The Franciscan Order has done marvelous work in maintaining this breathtaking Church.Written 4 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A nice building in which the lower part has a spring coming out and the upper part was a mousk which the only part left is the tower.Written 5 January 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our small group of travelers from the U.S. had the unique opportunity last night to be hosted by Esther and her husband for an excellent dinner and discussion. Our knowledge of Jewish Orthodox was very limited and Esther was kind enough to prepare a traditional dinner. Both she and her husband kept the conversation very basic and we came away from the evening with a full stomach and enough information to expand our interest in their religion and way of life.
We feel that our visit to Israel would not be complete without experiencing this wonderful evening. I highly recommend this opportunity.Written 31 October 2019
- Wow, what an amazing experience, it’s like I watched myself from the above
The staff is very friendly and nice
The treatment is very relaxing, I cannot believe that I left the control of my hands, it was really relaxing, and the hot tub is really nice after such relaxation
The view is amazing and in every corner you have a coffee/tea
Really enjoyed this placeWritten 7 December 2019
- We stayed for two nights with 2 young kids. The room wasn’t very clean, and the room is on the main road right infront of a bar that works until 2 am. Noisy, and we had a trouble sleeping.
The owner and the staff are incredible though, so i will recommend if you’re only sleeping and don’t mind some noise.Written 23 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Ein Kerem
- The best day trips from Ein Kerem according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Private Day Trip of Jerusalem and Bethlehem from Amman
- Private Day Trip of Jerusalem and Bethlehem from Dead Sea
- Bethlehem and Ein Kerem Private Tour - visit Jesus and John Birthplaces
Ein Kerem Attractions Information
|Local Time||Thursday 11:07 PM|