- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked according to revenue made by Tripadvisor on those bookings, plus the number of page views by Tripadvisor users, and the quantity and quality of reviews
22 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- If you're looking for a great day in the mountains give AOA a call. The ride was fantastic, the people (Dianne and Scott) were genuinely concerned about providing us a first class experience and the lunch was delicious next to the stream.
Incredible outfit, machines were clean and new, the mountain was a private mountain and we were the only 4 on it. Views for miles, the trails were crazy good. Definitely a five star experience. Don't miss this opportunity if your in the area!Written 15 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wonderful experience. The people working the experience were very helpful and friendly. We asked to leave early and they said no problem and made it happen.Written 4 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went on the 2 hour Watauga river trip for my fiancé’s birthday and we had a wonderful time. The class 2 and 3 rapids were pretty mild and perfect for beginners like my group. Dave made our trip extra special. He was an amazing guide and human! He was very knowledgeable about the area and even gave us recommendations for things to do during the rest of our stay. It is rare to find people like Dave. If you ever go rafting in the area, I highly recommend this company and Dave as a guide! We will definitely return when we visit NC again.Written 7 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My wife and I are beginner climbers who had only been to indoor climbing gyms. We decided it was time to see what outdoor climbing was all about. We are so glad we chose Rock Dimensions to take us on our first trip! Everyone in the shop was very pleasant and knowledgeable as they helped us select some gear to purchase (up to this point we had always rented our gear). We were able to learn about the differences between all the harnesses and shoes, and tried various styles until we found the best fits. They even took me out to the climbing wall and let me hang out in the new harness to make sure it felt right! Once all our gear was squared away, we followed Ryan, our guide, out to the climbing location (which was beautiful) and went on to thoroughly enjoy the rest of our afternoon. Ryan is a very experienced and accomplished climber, and it showed! He was patient as he showed us techniques and guided us through several routes, each a little more difficult than the last. The last few routes Ryan had us climb were challenging and took some effort to figure out, but not so much so that they seemed impossible. Every time my wife and I needed some help, Ryan was quick to provide some good coaching. At the end of the trip, Ryan spent extra time in the shop with us, showing us more spots in the area to check out and telling us some great stories! We can’t wait to return to Boone and hang out with the folks at Rock Dimensions again!Written 21 October 2021
- Drayton & Travis made our float on the Watagua an outstanding experience! Due South's equipment and service is first class. In our group, we had a never before fly fisherman, a beginner and an experienced Dry fly small stream guy, but unfamiliar with nymphing large rivers. The Guides coached each, based upon their skills to successful fish and fun filled day. We'll fish them again!Written 19 May 2022
- Colin was our guide and we can not say enough about how great he was! Took tons of time explaining and answering all our questions even with our talkative 11 year old! Highly highly recommend Foscoe fishing company and especially Colin!!Written 19 June 2021
- Until I spent a day with Jesse, I never knew how much knowledge went into fly fishing! Not only did he know the creeks and rivers - in three different States, I might add - but he knew what kind of fly the fish in a particular spot on any given stream preferred to strike! He was cheerful and patient, giving pointers on where to cast and at what angle the rod should be, and was always there to pull our hook out of whatever we caught, whether it was a fish or a tree. He is not the "sit on the edge and text" type of guide; he stays engaged the entire day, giving his clients his full attention. When planning your vacation, I would highly recommend you see if you can get a spot on Jesse’s calendar!Written 28 August 2021
- Skye is an exceptionally patient and gifted guide. Although I consider myself an experienced angler I’m a beginner fly fisherman of limited talent but love it. Skye does an excellent job of putting you on the fish and teaching you how to better approach and succeed at the art of fly fishing. I really don’t think I have ever had a bad day in the field or on the water because I love the hunt regardless of outcome. Skye will deliver a great outcome but like me had a lot of fun watching me miss some great fish...my fault! Getting to see some monster trout beat you occasionally is almost as much fun as putting them in the boat. Dave, Skye’s boss, runs a first class guide service. Great people!Written 1 July 2021
- Must admit that I used to fly fish when I was a younger man. Private issue. My 5yo was a bit nervous about what was “fly fishing”. That said, Boone’s set us up with light weight waders and wader shoes. My wife even got suited up. It was a typical Boone summer morning - 7:45AM - and we were a tad late. Ben & Nick split us up so I could get some more advanced pointers. Either way, we caught loads of trout & a few other fish. Saw a snake swim across a creek. My son even discovered some deer bones. It was a perfect way to introduce my son to fly fishing. My wife too. Relaxing. Outdoors. In a creek. And, they say Has-hem doesn’t counting fishing against your “time” 😉Written 24 June 2022
- I booked a float trip for my Husband, son and daughters boyfriend while on vacation in Banner Elk, from booking the trip over the phone to the very end everything was amazing and easy! Nick and Chris were amazing guides and really went above and beyond with the guys! If you are looking to book a fly fishing trip I highly recommend Trophy Waters! Well worth every penny! Thanks for making their first trip so amazing guys!Written 4 July 2022
- I realize that my goal in fly fishing with ECO might be a little different than most. I am relatively new to wade fishing and was about to cancel a float trip with them because I really wanted to “learn” how to wade fish. Conner said “how about letting us show you how to do it”? My guides over the two days were Owen and Sam. They were both patient and extremely instructive. They not only explained the how-to but also explained the why. They allowed me to do everything (which is what I wanted) from tying on flies to untangling knots. I learned more from them in two days than four days on a high dollar guided trip with a well known fishing brand. Not only did they do all this but they provided the best lunch I have had .... prepared right on the bank. I believe these folks truly understand how to provide the ideal experience.Written 1 May 2019
- Their cookies are amazing! Especially the blueberry, white chocolate chip cookies!! The cookies are baked when you order them, so you know they are fresh.Written 18 June 2017
- Shout out to Tubeboone NC. Looking forward to this new company and it's clean water initiative project. Good roots, good friends and good times on the New. Always a good day on the river, always trying to better the environment.Written 7 June 2022
- So fun! Kyle was so accommodating and knowledgeable. We had a blast in beautiful Boone! Would recommend to any group.Written 23 June 2017
- I wanted to dive my whole life and finally found a reputable instructor , that I trusted to teach me....
Wanted to , but just never felt comfortable with these Srgt. Carter type I've instructors so after me friends suggested Mitch at Two Worlds Divers I decided to go see him. He is an A1 instructor that is a joy to learn diving from....this is a great place to learn diving and you feel confident and comfortable when you are thru.....Written 17 December 2015
Frequently Asked Questions about Boone
- These are the best places for adventurous tours in Boone:See more adventurous tours in Boone on Tripadvisor