Tours near Hickory
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Fantastic aircraft museum with knowledgeable staff. Free to enter, the museum has a number of items inside and some great planes outside. We were lucky enough to see a 1943 Albatross take off from the airfield also. This was also where the knowledge of the staff was shown when a staff member spent some time explaining to some really (really) tall guy from the UK the difference between a missile and a fuel drop tank. It shows the educational value of museums like this as not everyone gets to see planes up close or gets to work in the aviation industry - as was clear with our tall UK friend.
Overall well worth a visit.Written 30 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My husband, son and a friend of ours came here a couple of years ago when the renovations were going on at house 12. They enjoyed seeing all that there was to see.
Our travels brought my husband, son and I back out this way, so we decided to stay at house 12 overnight. Calvin took excellent care of us. We stayed in one half of the house and it was cool, dry, clean, comfortable, tastefully renovated and smelled good. We were sooo glad that we chose to stay here.
We like abandoned places, so for us, we loved peeking in the boarded up windows of the abandoned houses and hearing stories of what the village was like when it was running the mill. Based on our positive experience, I highly recommend..! And should our travels bring us out this way again, we would definitely stay in half of house 12.
Thank you again to Calvin and the team for helping this be a wonderful experience and time away. Looking forward to next time…. 💖Written 15 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- my 30 year old daughter and I had so much fun on our recent visit! The skelton light projection thing was spectacular.Written 29 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My wife and I visited the museum on a week day after reading a review in Trip Advisor. We really enjoyed the tour. The house is in fantastic shape, fully furnished with period pieces, and our tour guide did a great job. She was well versed on the house and it’s history, which is closely tied to the history of Hickory. Highly recommend for those interested in these historic mansions.Written 17 November 2022
- Nice mix of paintings, but the music was far too loud for a museum. When I think of fine art I think of a fine atmosphere, not one that I can't wait to leave.Written 27 October 2022
- Described as steep (yes, there is a small elevation gain) and strenuous (depends on your overall fitness). I would caution families with very small children, however, as there are tree roots protruding across the trail for a large part of the loop. Having said that, the area is peaceful with lots of spring flowers and trees blossoming. There are numerous benches along the way and a covered pavilion just off the parking lot. Clean bathrooms are there, as well. We were staying in nearby Hickory and found the afternoon we spent here to be exactly what we needed to get outside and hike a bit.Written 27 April 2023
- Few things better than baseball on a summer evening. LP Frans Stadium is a fine minor league park; there's not a bad seat there. Extra netting to protect fans is a great addition. Many nights there are long lines at the concessions, especially when only one (typically on the 3rd base side) is open.Written 26 January 2020
- We were met by a very gracious host. The self-guided tour of the house was very nice, but a fresh, neutral scent would go a long way to neutralize the old stinkiness of the furniture. The one negative would be that the house should have been cleaner than it was. There was standing dust on some of the furniture that had been there awhile. However, I am glad that we got to tour the beautiful home.Written 27 October 2022
- Amazing variety of local, small business and farmers. A great place to slowly walk through and experience a non-traditional way to shop. The experience is nostalgic, and has beautiful sights, sounds and aromasWritten 15 May 2022
- The walk along the river on the boardwalk was very shaded and relaxing. We even saw a deer wade into the water for a drink. The small shelter where we had our lunch was clean and well maintained. Parking near the boardwalk is very limited...we drove to that small lot and unloaded our picnic supplies and then moved the car back to the parking lot at the park entrance.Written 1 August 2020
- Went to this park to connect to the new Riverwalk. Water, trees, pretty. River walkway is very nice, we went less than a mile due to the heat & humidity. FYI restrooms closed but portajohns available.Written 21 August 2023
- Wonderful place to stroll with an large selection of eclectic shops & eateries from which to choose.Written 22 October 2021
- My grandkids absolutely love this place. They ask to go there every time they visit us in Hickory. Downtown hickory right across the street with places to eat/shop. Don't miss this gem!Written 11 December 2021
- Went to the theater with my family and had a good time. The building was clean and spacious. The play was good.Written 16 June 2018
- We stopped in here for a moment to play some in the Playground, and it is very nice with much to do in keeping the children busy to have fun playing. They different types of swings and things to spin around on and a unique slide that is long and curves in the open not in a tube but down a slope without water on it. We didn't go to the side that has the splash zone water park for children, but we saw it and it also looked like fun for the children. We would go there again if in the area, and it is free, no charge.Written 5 September 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Hickory
Hickory Attractions Information