Top Attractions in Nags Head
What travellers are saying
- We had a blast walking or running up and down the dunes. Made us feel like kids again, care free and no rules of where to go and be! Once at the top the view of the streets below, buildings/homes and ocean is awesome to see. It was sprinkling on and off the day we went but totally worth it. The sand is super soft to walk in so kick off your shoes and let your toes sink in and get massaged with every step. We brought our pup and he had the time of his life here! No crowds so no worries!Written 15 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- So interesting. We visited all four lighthouses and they were all so different. Very nice grounds and rangers.Written 16 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Gorgeous views. Nice people fun watching the fishing and surfers. I wish we had more time to explore the aquariumWritten 23 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Something like we've never seen before. Beautiful! Sand dunes just keep going and going. Very very windy!Written 5 May 2022
- Grateful that they didn’t charge us for a brief walk out on the pier (3 adults and 2 very young kids). We enjoyed chatting with a few people fishing and saw giant manta rays swimming below us. It was a nice experience, but wouldn’t expect to stay longer than 10-15 minutes if you don’t fish.Written 26 August 2022
- Love the name! We had to stop because it’s my last name! Cute open wooden park, centrally located with parking, sits near the beach,
and perfect for kids of any ages to play at and adults to walk and watch! Tons of playground activity, climbing options, swings and more. Stop and check it out!Written 15 November 2022
- We have enjoyed shopping at this mall for years. Brick & Mortar establishments have had a tough time, with Covid and internet sales. This mall is not immune from those struggles but it has maintained a good active occupancy and it is well maintained. That seems to be a trait of Tanger Outlet properties and they should be credited. If you are vacationing on the outer banks, or live here and need something, consider a stop here. We have to support our local stores and, as well, we can benefit with good products and services.Written 28 November 2022
- The choices are amazing and the art is top-notch! I'm an amateur artist and know quality when I see it. Paintings ranging from $3,000 to $25. You can probably find somethin to take home if you want.Written 18 September 2021
- Had so much fun driving the go karts!Only complaint is it costs $10-12 each and we only got 5-10minsWritten 25 August 2022
- We had so much fun and thoroughly enjoyed our one hour horse ride on the beach ❤️
We highly recommend this company to you. You can tell how much they know and love these horses!Written 21 September 2022
- This place had a little of everything! Gorgeous crocheted pieces, vintage dresses, fun kitchen wares, jewelry, antique furniture and more. It was such fun to go through it all.
After inspecting all nooks of the store I have to say that the best part was buying a beautiful Mexican silver cuff bracelet which she discounted for me. (THANK YOU!) If you're in Nags Head it's fun to come here and see vintage Pyrex, mid-century ceramics, old butter dishes, doilies, antique photos and more.
Very much worth the stop!Written 18 October 2018
- Highly recommended - our family had a wonderful time. Beautiful park and sand dunes, fantastic staff and so much fun for kids and adults!
We did a beginner lesson with kids - Bobby was wonderful and funny teaching ground school; Wolf and Megan were patient and really fun instructors. We will be back :)Written 18 April 2021
- This is way more than a bridge to get from one side to the other. This bridge/causeway is a bastion of activity. Some of the best kayaking, especially at sunset, is off the south side. Speaking of the southside, two of the top restaurants in OBX are located on this bridge. Do you fish, then this is a hotspot for that. Have jetski, then the north side is your boat launch.
This bridge is a hub of activity and fun.Written 13 November 2020
- Not much is visible with the wreck of the USS HURON a coastal steamer that ran aground offshore at Nags Head in November 1877. The wreck is 250 yards offshore and is a registered National Historical place. There is a marker and gazebo with interesting educational signs. If you are walking,biking,or driving on South Virginia Dare highway stop and see the area. Parking us easy as the historical markers are co-located with a nice beach access parking lot. There is also a water spigot and shower to wash the sand off.Written 21 June 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Nags Head