- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
20 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- I've been to the Don Gibson Theatre a few times over the past 10 years or so and my most recent times were over the last 12 months for networking events for the Cleveland County Chamber of Commerce and The Shelby Rotary Club.
It is a very nice place with comfortable chairs and tables to sit at for meetings with plenty of space. It also has very nice and clean restrooms to use. The venue is overall a very nice and clean place. I would highly recommend it for future meetings or shows.Written 8 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent museum if you are a fan of Earl Scruggs and Bluegrass music. In a beautiful old courthouse in the town square of Shelby, North Carolina. Lovely town with a good amount of restaurants and bars in the area. Also features a good look at the history of this part of the state.Written 12 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This city park has a merry go round and a small train as well as a wonderful playground. I enjoy playing the nine hole golf course which also has a practice area and putting green. This is a beautiful place to come after work and relax!Written 5 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Such a fun exhibit with the American Legion World Series in town. Such amazing talent! Opening receptions are always a good time!Written 27 August 2018
- It's a small but multi purpose venue that was built by J.B. Hunt Transportation heir Towery Maurice Burris-Hunt during 2013 - 2014. He owns the land rights after being administered as beneficiary the estate of Charlie Leabron Rogers. City Pavilion was built to showcase area talent. Musicians perform here, area farmers growers etc display there crops, cooks chiefs provide samples. It's a social environment. Definitely worth trying.Written 15 September 2020
- Outstanding venue for baseball; the volunteer staff couldn't do more to make it that way. Hard workers(ground crew) and others. Comfortable seating under cover and out of the sun.Written 25 August 2018
- The architecture of the home is beautiful and this home is on the national registry of historic homes.Written 31 October 2018
- Nice small campground overlooking the lake. Sites are a little tight but nice. Full electric water and sewer at each site. We we in #7 which is nice but a little unlevel. New kids playground at the campground. Staff were pleasant courteous and helpful. It was quiet for us. Highly recommend for just $20 a night.Written 14 August 2022
- This is a hidden gem in Uptown Shelby. A great place to see the works of local artists, jewelers, potters, and more. This is often my one-stop shop for holiday and birthday gifts. You will not find these one-of-a-kind creations in big box store and I'm glad to support local artisans. Gift wrapping available too. Such a great place to shop for unique gifts.Written 8 November 2017
- We're going to be in Shelby visiting a relative this weekend. I saw this online and thought it would be interesting to visit. Then I read that it is only open Monday to Friday. I'm a bit disappointed.Written 20 June 2019
- Nice, bathrooms need updating hopefully that will be in the near future. Other than that its a great place to watch movies with your family with a huge screen. Great prices on the food as well. I have been here a few times before, we plan to come back. Movie prices are reasonable. They have good selection of movies also.Written 29 August 2019
- Deer Brook is one of those courses that meets everyone's needs. There are a couple of tricky holes and tough greens, but it is so much fun to play. The pro shop staff, led by
Derrick, is courteous and helpful. I will return to this course very soon!Written 29 October 2018
- I am a native of Shelby and have seen it grow over the past few years. I was incredibly surprised by the addition of an escape room. Finally, I got to try it with some friends during one of our infrequent "friends night out." Online booking was easy and very helpful in that you only had to put down a portion of the reservation per spot instead of the entire balance. The lobby was very inviting and our host was very helpful and professional. After signing the waiver and given a briefing of the rules, we were taken to the beginning of the experience, Room 1306. It was an immersive with proper lighting, props, and good puzzles to boot. I have done a fair share of escape rooms with various groups of people and I will say that this one was very challenging. I think this was the closest I have come to not escaping. I do want to come back and play the 2nd room. It seems more challenging and a more intense experience. If you are an escape room enthusiast, do not pass up the small town of Shelby and miss the experience of Uptown Escapes.Written 31 March 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Shelby
- The best outdoor activities in Shelby according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Shelby on Tripadvisor
Shelby Attractions Information
|Local Time||Sunday 3:20 am|