Nature & Wildlife Areas • Parks
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
7 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Excellent 1/2 mile paved trail, some by river. Well kept. Great wood carvings on the paths. Other trails off the main loop. Clean restrooms.Written 6 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- For a small local gallery this had some excellent local art. Being an artist myself I like to visit galleries in other cities. This one is a two story house with every room full of good local art.Written 27 August 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited on our first trip and came back. I mainly visited, and will continue to do so, to get my shaving soap. We have a store here in Roanoke but I would rather drive from Banner Elk through the mountains when we are in town than fight for a parking spot in Roanoke. We took advantage of the candy store as well; they have a big selection and some things I haven't seen since I was a wee laddie. My first trip ever to Valle Crucis was in 1976 or so and I remember the Old Man talking about how curvy the road was. The wife and I enjoyed the trip and the road is still as curvy as ever. No bother to me and a lovely day for traveling. We are coming back in February and we will probably visit again.Written 22 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you love jerky, you just have to visit Jerky Outpost. They have 2 locations (last I knew) and they make their own jerky too. Lots of options and selections. People are very friendly and helpful, and you can sample too.Written 20 November 2020
- Our family had a nice trail ride with Alfredo as our guide. Our kids, ages 6 and 9 loved it! Alfredo kept a very close eye on the kids, especially our 6-year old who had never ridden before. Both he and Astrid were concerned for the kids' safety and made sure that they were comfortable on their horses before heading out on the trail.Written 29 July 2014
- This shop is right next door to the Mast General store in Valle Cruis. It has a lot of pretty items all made by local artisans. The prices are also reasonable for all the work the artisans put into the products/gifts. Would recommend browsing in this shop if you are in the area.Written 2 January 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Valle Crucis
- The most popular things to do in Valle Crucis with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Valle Crucis on Tripadvisor
Valle Crucis Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 10:08 am|