- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
18 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- I camped here with my daughters over the past weekend. We were in a tent at a site that had electrical (27) and mostly surrounded by RVs. This was our first trip to Graves Island and it was so quiet and peaceful here. There are beautiful views of the ocean and a wonderful walking trail all around the island. There is a small, rocky area to swim from (bring your water shoes) and a nice picnic area, no actual beach so if this is a must you will be disappointed. As others said, the bathrooms are a bit dated but they were cleaned regularly (at least three times a day).Written 8 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- While staying in Chester for several days in Oct 2019, my daughter and I were fortunate to take in a performance at the Chester Playhouse. We saw Makayla Lynn and thoroughly enjoyed the evening. She has quite a stage presence ... interspersing her singing with stories. Although I'm not a "country music" fan, I did find her music pleasant. Makayla seems to be an up and coming star ... kudos to her!! My daughter bought her CD, which we listened to on our trip back home.Written 14 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Hubby and I have gone to Nordic Spa for our 2nd time this year, we look forward to getting in when there is SNOW on the ground ! We had couples Massages, and enjoyed the hot tubs, Facial huts, wet saunas and the music, the staff are always very sweet and accommodating.Written 4 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our guide played (very well) the role of Charles Lordly (1791-1847), Chester's first Municipal Clerk, and owner of the house. So we visited his house and belongings, learning about his life. His office was in another building just behind the house and we had the chance to visit it as well. The house has lots of artifacts and an exposition of women lingerie from the 1800's and the 1900's. I found it rather awkward to have both the exposition of an early 19th century home and of some lingerie from the 20th century. It gave me kind of an eclectic effect. Free admission (donations welcome). P.-S. just across the steet stands the Lightfoot tower, built in 1904, by Alfred Ross Lightfoot. It is also open to the public.Written 16 August 2016
- When I got to the address I could not see or find any "tower". The home in front of it which I assume holds the library was covered in Tyvek wrap and had workmen on a scaffold on the side of the house. I thought the tower might be the very tall white chimney kitty corner across the street. I include a photo of that here. The actual "tower is behind the house and too short to show. It looks like a small corner of a King Arthur like castle and would have perhaps fun to walk up if it was open.
It's a kids version of a tower.Written 25 November 2019
- Almost did not stop in because i did not plan on this vacation as a shopping vacation but there was so many great hard to find quality items, i leftvwith the perfect sunhat and some hard to find lines of clothing as well as a bit of local art.
The owner or whoever is the buyer has great taste!Written 19 August 2015
- We came to see the small library, but had to tour the grounds of this very attractive church. The cemetary out front is one of the most attractive I have seen on the south shore.Written 25 November 2019
- I found this place much more interesting than our other single reviewer. There are beautiful views from the shoreline. There is a safe waterfront swimming pool with a lifeguard on duty. Also nice views from the old bandstand at WW1 memorial. There is a great pub in the small village called 'The Lobster Pot' and a fabulous" everything "shop by the cool name of the " Black Market".
Many expensive homes in this idyllic rich man's playground. Nice to visit for a couple of hours then move down to nearby Mahone Bay.Written 3 September 2019
- We met relatives here on a visit from Bridgewater Nova Scotia. This is a wonderful restaurant right on the Atlantic Ocean with great views. The service was outstanding and the food was excellent both fish and chips and seafood platter. The price was fair. As this is a golf course you usually do not get this quality of restaurant at most courses more quick serve burgers usually. The wine was also high quality.Written 2 October 2022
- I recently visited the Village Emporium in Chester After having breakfast at a wonderful Café next door called the Kiwi Cafe my daughter and I decided we wanted to get a few things so we popped into the store and we were pleasantly surprised to find the perfect summer hat, shirt and lots of other little fun items for our homes. We were also happy when we got to the cash to find that everything was very reasonably priced for a change and friendly service. I will definitely go back there next time I am in Chester!Written 5 June 2022
- I had seen this shop’s website and it looked like an amazing place. I decide to take a trip to Chester and visited this shop while I was there. Absolutely stunning array of glass pieces!Written 16 September 2021
- The clerk at the Village Emporium recommended we stop in to Light My Fire so taking her advice we did.
Such a lovely shop, filled with gift ware and candles. The owners were there and were so helpful.
So it was disappointing to learn that effective December 16 2018 the store will be permanently closing.
I wish we had discovered it sooner.Written 20 November 2018
- On walking down Pleasant street after lunch found this attractive gallery with very attractive paintings which all seemed to have an ocean or sea side theme. Many were of very striking sailing boats and all were of high quality. Very pleasant gallery with quality art works.Written 25 November 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Chester
- The best outdoor activities in Chester according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Chester on Tripadvisor