Top Attractions in Caherdaniel
What travellers are saying
- Really stunning beach, worth the drive. Lifeguards patrolling and helpful. The old ruins/cemetery is a nice walk too. Not much in the way of services like food/drink so pack your own.Written 23 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Uncrowded little gem of a museum house, best after viewing the 20-minute video about Daniel O’Connell’s life. Surrounded by beautiful gardens, a nice walk to spectacular beaches and a short drive to the Abbey. The tea garden cafe had wonderful food, including vegan options. And I can’t say enough about the kind and informative staff who made our visit fantastic.Written 14 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely whimiscal fairy houses dotted around the woords. Great for a couple of hours with children and we brought our dog. FabWritten 28 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- When on Derrynane beach take some time to explore this islands with the ruines of an old abbey and a great view towards the beach.Written 2 September 2021
- Vincent is a great artist, musician, and has huge knowledge about the flora and fauna of his local area. He is always happy to share this knowledge.Written 27 August 2018
- People where great, experience was amazing. We all had a brilliant time. Horses where gentle. A great time was had by all.Written 25 July 2022
- Excellent food and service with an amazing view. Lovely atmosphere for casual seaside dining. Well worth thr visitWritten 26 July 2022
- Really enjoyed the two and half hours. Been meaning to do it for ages. Informative, fun and refreshing. Would definitely recommend it.Written 22 October 2020
- used to be the local shop bar and restaurant by closed last year, across the road there is a blind piper which is going strong still with lovely riverside locationWritten 4 July 2019
- We had the opportunity to visit the Skelligs with the Skelligs Tour team, and it was wonderful! They were very helpful, with great communication both before and after our trip. The dogs were an added bonus! Highly recommend!Written 13 September 2022
- Fabulous walk and tour of Derrynane and the beach and everyone learned so much from the visit. Definitely recommend this.Written 7 August 2019
- Our kids 12yrs and 7yrs attended derrynane sea sports summer camp in august 2022 . What a fabulous time the had , loads of different land and sea based activities. Really helpful staff and just an absolutely wonderful week . Thanks to all involved . Beautiful location and will be back next year .Written 13 September 2022
- Brilliant activity, would absolutely recommend to anyone looking to tour Caherdaniel or South Kerry. Getting the bikes delivered was so convenient and Ian and Cian were very accommodating and helpful. Having the electric bikes was great for managing the hills and allowed us to get to so many differnet sights which the guys highlighted to us. South Kerry Cycles is a fantastic way of touring and experiencing the beautiful scenery of Caherdaniel.Written 13 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Caherdaniel
- The best outdoor activities in Caherdaniel according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Caherdaniel on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Caherdaniel according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- The Ring of Kerry Day Trip including Killarney Lakes and National Park
- Private Award Winning Tours with Top Rated Local Driver Guides
- The Classic Ring of Kerry Tour