- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
29 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- A beautiful, historical place to visit. We didn’t do the tour or visit the innkeeper gift shop but spent plenty of time walking around the property, enjoying the sunrise and having our coffee there multiple mornings, as we stayed up the street at the Red Fern Inn. The restrooms were very nice and clean. Lots of picnic tables and areas to spread out and enjoy the view of both the light out and lake!Written 11 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We camped at East Harbor in early October for 3 days. We were in the B area . Beautiful camp ground with good space in between sites. Impressed with the amount of trees and shade in our area! We were at an Electric only site. We are from out west where parks are often left in a "natural" state so were blown away with the amount of green grass in the park and the people who constantly were mowing. There are a few large bathrooms with showers that were very modern and alot of small "toilet and sink" only bathrooms throughout the park.
Went to the swim area about a half mile plus from the camping area – an easy walk. It is on a pennisula. The major road into the swimming area – goes left or right. You take the left to go to the swimming beach along lake Erie and to a long breakwater that you can walk out on. The beach is not that big. Apparently, a number of years ago there was a major storm at East Harbor that destroyed most of the 2 miles of beach that existed then. Now it is very tiny in comparison. If you walk right you can walk to the end of the peninsula. Very nice walk and beautiful views.
In this area are hikes that you can take. We chose the Wetland trail. Parts of the path were good, but other parts were very bad. Easily could have gotten lost. Paths became narrow spaces with trees, grasses, blocking the supposed path and extremely muddy areas. In many areas you cannot even figure out where the path is. The map they have is worthless. A sign will direct you to a place that goes "no where." A board walk crossed a swampy area had many broken slats and some even were missing – very dangerous. Don’t take this path. The area around the perimeter of the swampy area is fine. The paths that go through the swamp area are dangerous!! We were unsure we were even on a path. We have read other terrible reviews on this Wetland Trail on AllTrails web site after we got back. It is shocking that nothing is done about this situation.
Otherwise, it is a beautiful area!Written 23 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful grounds with relaxing Adirondeck chairs and fire pits. Dog friendly on grass area. Nice selection of wines and fancy drinks.Written 29 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- To get over to Johnson's Island, you pay $2. It is worth it to get to see such a unique cemetery. Read all of the signs and check out the special markers. You can walk right down to the water. It is definitely worth the money to check it out.Written 30 December 2021
- For$18 (senior citizen rate) you can get round trip transportation to Kelly’s Island and return to Marblehead. One stands on the boat next to the vehicles. Not for those who are handicapped or would prefer a seat for the ride.Written 26 June 2022
- Great variety and been here for years. I remember stopping with my parents in the sixties. They have seasonal produce, wines, baked goods and much more. Open year round.Written 13 April 2019
- Worth a visit to see all the new and a bit different art objects as well as the antiques on display and for sale. Just down the road from the exit from Catawba IslandWritten 28 June 2021
- Beautiful park area and well maintained with picnic benches and accessible lakefront. Our dog enjoyed and it was easy for her to get in and out of the water.Written 29 August 2022
- After visiting the Marblehead lighthouse, we came here to let our kids run some energy out. Nice kept area with a walking trail and playground. Not much too it but very peaceful and had nice views. The kids loved it and we enjoyed the scenery.Written 30 July 2022
- There was a Portapotti. 2 handicap parking sports. This is a paved walkway, with outshoots that are mowed through the woods. All the mowed walkways were easy to walk on, flat and even. This butts up to a channel of water. The phragmites are taking over the edges of the waterway and working their way into the woods. I disagree that birding is outstanding here as mentioned by someone else. The trees are tall, so that allows birds to be far above you and hard to see. The woods is dense so it is hard to see the birds also. Having said that, birding may be “good” here at certain times of the year. After the leaves come out on the bushes and trees after the 3rd week of May it is almost impossible to see the birds that you hear. But there are birds here, you can hear them. So if you are coming for birding, this is a paved trail or mowed grass even trail, easy to walk. Just come early in the season. I have not been here in the summer, but because of the dense woods, I expect you should where bug repellent also. We had a nice walk here. The area which is diked had signs that said it was closed due to high water. I didn’t see high water., , but the dikes were not mowed, making it not too inviting to walk through high grass. Maybe there are times when they mow the grass. I don’t know. No picnic tables, but along the walk there are park benches you can set on.Written 27 May 2022
- Awesome!! It was just me and the boyfriend with Captain Bill and First Mate Blake! We caught 19 Walleye in just under 4 hours. We caught the majority of them within the first two hours. His boat was comfortable and had all the equipment to catch them fish! It was so much fun!
Captain Bill told us some history about the islands, educated us about fishing techniques and was just overall so personable. I felt very taken care of. I would definitely recommend Captain Bill/Eye Hooker to everyone and I would also book him if/when we’re back at Lake Erie.Written 3 May 2022
- We had a wonderful trip!! Captain Jim was so friendly and told some great stories of how he learned to sail! We would definitely recommend and do this trip again!Written 9 August 2021
- Lots of variety here - from clothing to kitchen gadgets to caramels to coffee to kids toys to a Christmas room. It's a good stop to kill half an hour. As my husband paid for our souvenirs I sat on a bench, on the shady porch, with a great view. Enjoying people watching, traffic, and listening to the Patsy Cline music they had playing.Written 15 June 2020
- Group of 6 of us went out on the Pirate Clipper and had a blast! Great crew! I would highly recommend to anyone wanting to have a fun filled, walleye slamming day on Lake Erie! Eric knows the lake, where the fish are, and what the fish want! Thanks again Captain Eric!!Written 6 May 2020
- This is a great place to shop. Every time I come to town I stop to get my soaps. Very friendly and helpful staff. And the smells are great.Written 20 September 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Marblehead
- The best outdoor activities in Marblehead according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Marblehead on Tripadvisor