Top Attractions in Lancaster
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- The Central market is cool. Lots of home made Amish baked goods, jams, soaps ect...The buggy ride in Bird in Hand PA was amazing.Written 18 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We took a tour with Tim from North Carolina. Tim was great and we all learned a lot. He happily answered all of our question. This was one of the best Amish tours that we have ever taken. We highly recommend!!Written 15 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Front row seats to Jersey Boys was such a treat for my wife and I!
PRO: Exceptional show, acting, story, music. I was concerned I was going to be blasted by speakers in the front row. Not a problem. Great acoustics and levels.
Looking at the theater, any seat you get will be ideal to watch any show they have!Written 16 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Took out grandkids (7 and 5) for what we thought would be 2 days at Dutch Wonderland. Turns out it is closed on Tuesdays in August. Arrived Sunday at a nearby hotel and bought a 2 day ticket. No one there said anything about the closure either. Got to do the preview and go to the park from 3-6 and not count as a day. Went back on Monday and had a great day. Wanted to go again Tuesday before heading home but found out Monday night from another guest at the hotel, it was closed Tuesday. Not on the website unless you look at the calendar for August. Have until Dec 31 to use but I will not have the grandkids back and we live 2 hours away.
The rides were perfect for my grandkids. Roller coasters height requirements good for the 7 yr old to ride them and there were plenty of rides for the 5 yr old. Snack prices were normal and pretty good tasting. They were out of some of the Dipn Dots ice cream flavors. There is a water area but we did not do that part of the park.They have a dinosaur exibit area that the kids enjoyed. Park is the perfect size for this age group and grandparents to walk around. Only had glimpses of the shows but they looked entertaining. Staff is friendly and the park clean. Nice gift shop too.Written 7 August 2022
- If you've ever seen a first-class seat on a plane, you know that the leg-room is really good. Imagine having an entire theater designed to give every attendee that first class feeling! The American Music Theater is perhaps the most comfortable theater in the tri-state region. And EVERY seat is good! The acoustics are excellent and the staff is great. Make sure you leave time to enjoy the Amish shops and restaurants in the area prior to your show. Well worth the time it takes to get there!!Written 8 August 2022
- The house is located behind Lancaster History Museum, which has its own exhibits. The tour is led by a guide in period dress, who was quite knowledgeable and informative. We didn't know much about President Buchanan, so we learned a lot today. The house is located on a beautiful bit of property, which we walked about after the tour.Written 28 July 2022
- A outdoor museum with various buildings that explore the German immigrant experience. Our kids were engaged the entire time and learning by doing made the history lesson even more real/ from blacksmith demonstrations to the 1 room schoolhouse!Written 17 July 2022
- Inside the museum is a full scale model of the Bibical Tabernacle with a narrative that transports you back in time.Written 1 June 2022
- Very helpful with information regarding the area and surrounding areas. Gettysburg, Hershey and Amish countyWritten 3 August 2022
- Always a nice experience with the people that run the ballpark and good seats. No cash accepted so if you or your child doesn't have a debit or credit card you have to buy gift cards from the office in order to purchase anything.Written 25 July 2021
- Great experience. Our Tour Guide Tom was fantastic. Beautiful house and scenery. Great area to walk your dogs as well. Highly recommend.Written 27 July 2022
- Found this while researching things to do.very informative! It gives you a real life size of what the tabernacle looked like. Also learned a lot about the history if the Mennonites and AmishWritten 19 May 2022
- This hip science factory is about hands on as you can get. I spent about 10-15 minutes trying to build a giant arch with blocks only to see it come crashing down after standing still for a couple of seconds. I had a tantrum that was very similar to my 6yo and 4yo boys because my wife didn’t take a photo in time then laughed it off. That’s exactly what this place will do to you even if you’re a 43yo male like myself!
Plenty of stuff to do for everyone so be ready to dig in! This place doesn’t allow food so don’t bother trying to bring lunch. And oh if you show a teacher’s ID then you get in for free.Written 8 July 2022
- I had heard a lot about this park from locals when looking for a park to go walking on my most recent visit. Let me just say im sad i didnt come here sooner!! Just walking around their trails was so calming and peaceful even though there were tons of people there. Everyone that i encountered was very nice and offered small talk. The petting zoo they have on site was cute and the animals were very friendly. I thought it was very interesting and smart that they have the stables for the local mounted police there as well which definitely contributes to the calm nature of the park. They had lots of recreational areas around with basketball courts, playgrounds, and sitting areas scattered throughout the park. It was a very peaceful and heartwarming experience to say the least :)Written 13 May 2022
- We decided to try The Hands on House since it was to hot to do much else. We had our 2 1/2 year old granddaughter and 6 year old grandson. Our granddaughter loved all the activities and our grandson was bored within a 1/2 hour.
It was a little pricey for the limited activities and the fact that the outside area was closed for a summer school group from 10-1230. And we were only there until 12. You also pay for adults, which seemed a little much.
Would recommend for kids probably under 4, over that age would be bored unless you spend the time in the outside area if it’s open.
Written 1 September 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Lancaster
- The best day trips from Lancaster according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Philadelphia & the Amish lifestyle
- Full-Day Best Amish Farm and House Guided Tour from Washington D.C
- Amish Country Private Tour from New York plus Outlet Shopping