Top Attractions in Anstruther
What travellers are saying
- Wild life and history of the island and its buildings. Central light was an amazing building. Ruins of the priory and amount of the sea birds and cavesWritten 21 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This harbour is great. It has lots of boats and fabulous views to the Isle of may and here is the place you can get a boat trip there.Written 30 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This beach may be small, but it is my type of beach. Golden sands with shells. Great views everywhere you look.Written 30 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There is a decent shop here where all the money goes for a good cause. There is a museum which is free to enter which is fascinating.Written 30 October 2022
- Absolutely stunning scenery and lovely coffee I WILL be back! Also seeing all the lambs just does the heart good!Written 3 April 2022
- This trail is a great way for kids to learn about the tiniest bits of space. It is interesting and you can get some steps in while learning about some space.Written 30 October 2022
- We stopped here to see the new renovated Halls. It is a beautiful building now. Previously a major church in the area it has loads of history hidden in its walls. There is a scenic graveyard around the back of the building containing many historical graves, including a saint. the river runs round the back and there are some nice benches for a sit. Worth seeing if the queues for the Chip shops are too long!Written 2 May 2022
- Fantastic place which we've walked past a hundred times but never gone in before. Honestly could spend a whole day in here and still need to come back and see bits you missed. Enormous range of actual boats (including huge ones), installations, stories, equipment, photos, paintings and more. Social history of Scotland as much as a museum about catching fish.Written 12 November 2022
- There is a nice playpark for kids. There are 2 football pitches both have nets. The big football pitches nets are a bit dodgy, but it's worth a kick about.Written 30 October 2022
- Standing opposite the Cooperative supermarket where there is plenty of parking available . There are some really old gravestones in this large cemetery . There is also a War Memorial on site with its own garden and seating following the path straight in there is a round garden ahead .Written 5 March 2019
- The house looks lovely where he lived, and the plaque is interesting but the history is very limited.Written 30 October 2022
- I loved every minute of this candle making workshop, in a serenely peaceful setting in a studio in Anstruther.
A fabulous afternoon with three perfect strangers, sitting together, classroom style, creating simple yet beautiful scented candles.
We bonded over the session, talking scents and kids and other girly stuff.
Prosecco and scones, tea and coffee were served to us by our lovely teacher - Jo, who
Is truly generous and kind in spirit and soul. I adore my candles and will be back for more!
What a tonic!Written 15 March 2020
- We had played the New Course at St. Andrews in the morning and wanted to fill our afternoon with another round. Anstruther was recommended to us, so we packed our clubs and drove out to play this 9-hole course along the coast.
We had played in breezy conditions in the morning of around 20mph with gusts to 30, but when we got out of the car at Anstruther, it seemed the wind had almost doubled. This, I thought, was going to be something special.
Special indeed. The course layout has character, as most courses we played in Scotland do, with a few blind shots, some buildings and walls in play and difficulties lying in wait (I'm talking about you, No. 5)
The first four holes are fairly simple, provided you can play into a 40 mph wind and guess at the second shot on No. 1 which is blind if you don't make it to the top of the hill. The need to hit the fairly is reinforced on No. 4 with it's wall guarding the left side of the fairway. Then comes "The Rockies" or the 245 yd par 3 into the wind with rocks and water to the left and the gorse slope to the right. As you play this course you can almost read the history into it's layout and how it plays, truly an unforgettable experience.
This was an amazing experience and I'm glad we had the opportunity to play here. The people were tremendously welcoming and helpful and the other 2 groups on the course that day were cheerful and friendly.
If you plan on a golf trip to Scotland and find an afternoon free, go play this course, you will not be disappointed.Written 22 March 2022
- Tommy was wonderful. Such a friendly and knowledgeable guy. Helped me find the perfect scotch and gin for my connoisseurs at home. Highly recommend.Written 27 October 2022
- Despite the restrictions of Covid19, this shop cannot be missed. The stock is unlike what you'll find anywhere else - all Fairtrade/ethically sourced/zero waste - and beautiful. There are clothes, jewellery, toiletries, toys and much more. I haven't seen shampoo bars and tins of toothpaste anywhere else, and certainly notecards which you plant to grow wildflowers or herbs are new to me.
Go with plenty of time to browse and chat to the lovely, knowledgeable owner - this shop is wonderful.Written 6 August 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Anstruther
- The best outdoor activities in Anstruther according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Anstruther on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Anstruther according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- St Andrews & the Fishing Villages of Fife Small-Group Day Tour from Edinburgh
- St Andrews & The Fishing Villages of Fife from Edinburgh
- St Andrews, Falkland and Fife Villages Tour from Edinburgh
- Private Day Trip to St Andrews Dunfermline and the Fife Coast from Edinburgh
- Tour of St Andrews and Historic Fife
- The most popular things to do in Anstruther with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Isle of May National Nature Reserve
- Anstruther Pleasure Cruises-Boat Day Tours
- Osprey of Anstruther Day Tours
- The Isle of May Boat Trips
- Anstruther Harbour
Anstruther Attractions Information
|Local Time||Thursday 9:10 AM|