Top Attractions in Durness
What travellers are saying
- Beach is fantastic unlike the campsite that overlooks it. Would recommend parking just down the road from the big campsite, have a walk on the beach and move on as there are far better sites along the route. Don’t forget to help the local economy by purchasing something from the local shops and also keep your speed down as you are in a built up area.Written 27 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited the cave whilst doing the NC500 and we're glad that it was on our list of things to see as it was truly spectacular. We didn't take the guided tour as we didn't have time, but we didn't consider that we missed out on anything. We walked down to the cave, around the inside as far as we could go without taking the tour and finally walked up the path at the other side back to the car. The views were magnificent and we would highly recommend a visit to this stunning place.Written 7 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Cant thank Angie and John enough for a wonderful welcome after completing the Cape wrath trail. Top food, very very good coffee and a lovely warm spot by the gas fire 😁. We then had a wonderful camp near by and had a tasty breakfast the next morning. What a place whose beauty is only matched by the people who run the ozone in this remote nirvana 🙌🙏💛Written 23 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fantastic beach with silky-soft, white sand. There is a lovely walk you can do to the headland. There is also an interesting church ruin.Written 10 June 2022
- Lovely quiet beach with easy access from a couple of parking areas. Beautiful sand and many rocky stacksWritten 5 July 2022
- The Far North of Scotland has some stunningly beautiful beaches, with white sand and clear blue waters. Balnakeil Bay is a great place for a picnic, a walk or simply to sit and take time to appreciate the breath-taking scenery in this tranquil and beautiful part of the world.Written 14 September 2021
- A beautiful and totally unspoiled beach with the finest sand and backed by dunes. Very cold water however! An easy stop on the NC500 route.Written 18 June 2021
- We made a detour off the NC500 specifically to visit the Craft Village and we were all very happy with that decision. It was so lovely to walk around all the different units to see what they had on offer. We all bought some really unusual presents for our grandchildren, and all agreed that it was worth another visit if we were in the area again.Written 7 August 2022
- Simply a wonderful experience to visit a talented artist who has transformed the place they live into an art work. She is modest, charming and incredibly productive. Highly recommended, you need to email to book a visit.Written 16 September 2020
- We enjoyed every aspect of both the exhibition and the tour. We've learnt so much about the geology of the local area (and way beyond). Thanks so much for such an interesting tour.Written 20 July 2022
- A great idea to remember a great man and the time he spent with his Scottish family but the local council should send someone round every now and then to tidy it up, it was badly kept and overgrown when we went.Written 1 August 2022
- This feature stands out from miles away when driving in this scenic, barren area. A splendid sight. The approach up the feature heading towards the northwest is the more gentle angle. There are parking areas near the feature (to the east of the A838).Written 6 October 2019
- Lovely, very caring, helpful young woman, also a very talented artist. The paintings were breathtaking and were skillfully done. The gallery was very quiant, well worth a visit.Written 11 June 2022
- I love visiting here. There are always really different and unique items to buy. Reasonable prices and friendly staffWritten 15 October 2020
- Fabulous golf course in a stunning setting. Very helpful and friendly welcome. Great experience, lot of funWritten 22 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Durness