Flea & Street Markets
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- An indoor market with lots of interesting non-commercial shops.
It clearly reflects the Mennonite population of the area. I enjoyed walking around it. I did buy some locally made jams. It says "come enjoy a taste of the past" and that it is.
Country-style cafe, Amish-made furniture, home-style canned goods, locally handcrafted items.
It's worth a stop along your way.Written 24 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was one of the main points of interest on our Saturday outing to Harrisonburg. We've been here before and knew that we could fill our veggie needs and want for the week. It was a slam dunk - except trying to decide which stand we would make our purchases at.
The market is sheltered and right downtown. There's plenty of parking - but can be hard to find a space if you come later in the morning - because there are plenty of customers strolling the market.
We got several handfuls of great looking Shitake and Cremini mushrooms - at a very reasonable price. That was the easy choice as it was the only stand that had mushrooms. Moving along - I picked up a quart container of pickling cucumbers. Dark green and solid. And a bag of mixed lettuce made it into our bag.
Then came the tough decision - where to get our potatoes. They seemed to be at every stand - and beautiful. We decided on 3 pounds of small red new potatoes. (had them last night - roasted. Perfect)
There were some great looking beets and onions of all varieties. But - we had gotten ours at the Lexington market on Wed.
It doesn't take long to figure out that there are young people everywhere - shoppers and vendors. Both having a fun time. If you're around Harrisonburg on a Saturday - get here early and enjoy.Written 27 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- They have a great selection of paints, oils, papers and brushes. Lots of interesting things if you have an artist on your gift list. They also have studio space available for local artists and best of all, a small gallery of ever changing Works by folks associated with the studio/store in some way.Written 27 May 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I dont live in the area but visit frequently and always go in here. Some of the vendors are overpriced however usually find good deals. The female employee was very friendly when walked in the store and she helped me with my questions. I enjoyed speaking with her and will be back to shop when in the area again.Written 12 April 2021
- Wonderful place to find unique treasures, a great atmoposhere. You will find some of the friendliest people here and experience a genuine Shenandoah Valley "Hidden treasure".
The scenery can not be beat right in the middle of the prettiest farmland you will ever see.Written 9 July 2018
- This was an amazing place for garden statuary. I have never seen such a great collection. Not cheap, but seemingly priced fairly as the pieces appear solid. Will visit again. Definitely worth a stop if you’re in the area.Written 2 April 2022
- Stopped by on a whim while walking downtown and I’m glad I did. There were many beautiful things at many different price points. Staff were friendly and I loved the variety of items by local artists.Written 7 October 2022
- I have done business with Crossroads Country Store for a couple of years now and they always have quality, hard-to-find items. Customer service is top notch and I have always had prompt shipping and care in packaging of items. Grade "A" business for sure.Written 20 October 2022
- We have shopped at numerous 10,000 Villages throughout the US. As usual, we were not disappointed. Clean and tidy shop, attractive displays, beautiful handmade items from around the world. Wonderful gift items!
Very nice clerk.Written 16 August 2021
- We booked a family event for our Mom's 80th birthday, as she loves to paint at home. We thought painting on canvas would make a nice unique gift for her, so we booked a private class for 10 of us. We turned it into a nice little birthday party. This turned out to be an awesome time for all of us. The owner successfully turned us into artists. He was a fun teacher, and we were amazed at how well we did, even though none of us really knew how to paint/draw. It was so much fun, we plan to do pottery the next time we are staying at Massanutten Resort. It gave us something fun and unique to do. The shop is located in a nice area with other shops and restaurants. If you're a local or if you are traveling in Harrisonburg, VA, this is a must stop for fun (for kids and adults). The owner and staff are friendly and very knowledgeable. In our group, we were offered coffee, tea, beer, wine, water, etc. It was very lovely.Written 31 May 2018
- We love the Friendly City Food Co-op. Friendly and courteous staff, with an excellent selection of organic and vegan food choices and options. One of our favorite aspects for the FCFC is the salad/hot bar and pre-packaged foods. It’s a great place, with e welcoming atmosphere.Written 27 September 2019
- Brydgeworks Glass Studio is full of beautiful artwork for sale. They carry a nice line of supplies and tools. They supply high quality stained glass and some of the most amazing colors and varieties. As a member you receive instruction, support and inspiration for your work...Oh and a discount on supplies!Written 9 January 2019
- Stuart at Elk Run Mining is very knowledgeable and does very fine work. It shows that he truly loves what he does. His shop is well laid out and inviting, also you can learn a lot about local Virginia stones. I selected a lovely pair of purple passion quartzite earrings. He was very friendly and even went the extra mile to hunt me down at another store to return the credit card i had accidentally left behind when I paid. Wonderful service.Written 11 May 2019
- I was very impressed with the stylish, quality selections at this beautifully designed store. Each piece is truly a work of art. The jewelry is unique, while offering an elegant and timeless style. Prices are very reasonable and the owner is more than accommodating with special request, jewelry adjustments and custom pieces. Handmade jewelry is not the only offering! Specialty glass, refurbished furniture pieces and a variety of jewelry making products are available for purchase. Trendy Glass & Beads is a true gem.Written 2 January 2018
- If I were not flying home, I would have ended up with a lot from this place. Cute furniture and reclaimed items. In a fun building adjoined to a cute wood fire pizza place, Bella Luna.Written 6 June 2014
Frequently Asked Questions about Harrisonburg
- These are the best places for budget-friendly shopping in Harrisonburg:See more budget-friendly shopping in Harrisonburg on Tripadvisor