Top Attractions in Norfolk
What travellers are saying
- We had an awesome time at the Uss Wisconsin and the Nauticus museum. Dave Woods, call sign Frog gave us a great tour of the communications and lower decks with all the technology, it was super fascinating. Dave is sooo knowledgeable after all his years on Navy ships and his war experiences. Really an amazing, informative tour, we couldn't have asked for a better guide! Would highly recommend for a war, war ship, weapons, communication, or military enthusiast - or a new experience. Thanks Dave for sharing your knowledge and experiences!Written 11 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great staff, great seats--loved it. Easy in and out! quick safety check. Was able to hear the show. Clean restrooms.Written 16 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nice area downtown. On the waterfront. Great museums. Lots of interesting places to eat and look. We loved the Navy Museum.Written 13 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had visited this garden many years ago and enjoyed our springtime visit. We recently returned to see the Garden of Lights evening event, which we also enjoyed. Overall, the lights were very pretty. We liked that they have a one-way path through the lights; it keeps everyone going the same direction at generally the same pace. The path ends at the parking lot, but you can re-enter the main entrance building to use restrooms and visit the gift shop (but you cannot re-enter the garden to see the lights again). There was a food truck parked near the beginning of the route, but the line was very long; they could use another truck near the end as well. It only took us 75 minutes to walk through (we thought that the ticket price was a bit high for the short time we spent here); since we chose an early entrance time, there was still plentiful parking.Written 2 December 2022
- A wonderful morning walking around the Virginia Zoo and it wasn’t crowded at all. We had the best time watching the new baby giraffe having the zoomies.
I loved that we received 50% off admission price since we have a zoo membership for the Philadelphia Zoo.Written 22 October 2022
- Great McArthur artifacts. But the labels connect the stories and make the experience. Plan on at least an hour and a half to really appreciate this wonderful museum.Written 23 April 2022
- A fried of our daughters has an internship in the glassblowing area. We got a tour of the museum. It was amazing. I would highly recommend it to all age groups. No rush, just need the time to absorb everything. Soooo much to see. The artists have an amazing talent. A must see is the glass chess set. No words can describe it.Written 3 November 2022
- didn't do the guided tour and wish that we did to get all the historical information. Mostly drove the base and marveled at the many awesome ships in port.Written 26 July 2022
- Set aside a couple of hours and stroll through a well laid out museum. A great place to take the kids.Written 14 September 2022
- Be sure to discover this beautiful estate and gardens in a lovely Norfolk neighborhood. Very manageable and professional and a truly relaxing experience.Written 13 July 2022
- Well I really enjoyed the trip it was really fun, and I would really love to go for another wonderful tripWritten 20 July 2022
- I love this mall! It is an absolute splurge to go here! There are so many different stores, boutiques, and places that are not in any other mall in the area. Great food, and parking is very convenient!Written 10 April 2022
- We loved "A Merry Little Christmas Carol". We attended the Christmas Eve show and loved it. The performance was a high end professional experience with a refreshing mix of humor, music and touching scenes.
The only downside to our experience was the cold temperature throughout the theater. Most people were wearing their coats (including us) and many were wearing hats. I'm sure their heating system was challenged by the extreme cold outside.Written 27 December 2022
- This is a lovely area adjacent to Nautilus. The view is terrific; the ambience serene. Worth a few photographs.Written 5 July 2022
- A wide selection of beers to cover most palettes. Came here with my wife and sat and had a couple of beers. Definitely took the edge off of the long ride to the area. I will be back.Written 2 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Norfolk
Norfolk Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 10:39 AM|