Top Attractions in Virginia Beach
What travellers are saying
- Boardwalk is beautiful concrete was very peaceful great restaurants no junk shops and fast food that is all a block away behind the oceanfront hotels they have a dedicated 2 lane bike path adjacent to the boardwalk also music on 7 th st 24 th st and I think 30th st so much nicer then Jersey and Maryland boardwalksWritten 22 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I wished i would've stayed in a bnb here instead of the main VB hotel area. The surf is much better here and it has more of a local feel. There's less anyone kids and generic old people too.Written 22 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Stayed here for our 30th Anniversary. Came at the right time and had a lot of fun. Found the prices for everything to be around 20% higher than I thought was warranted.Written 21 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Really nice museum with knowledgeable guides. They have a number of different areas to visit and do yourself a favor and take one of the guided tours. Our guide knew a lot about each area of the museum. With the price of things today, $15 was quite reasonable as we spent about 2 hours touring the exhibits.Written 17 September 2022
- Excellent activity. This aquarium was beautiful and had so much to experience. The staff was knowledgeable and helpful. There were hands on exhibits even little children could participate in. I’m so glad we chose to visit the aquariumWritten 12 September 2022
- This place is a dual event. If you enjoy a nice nature learning experiance and a hike you can do that here and on the other side is a wonderful not crowded beach.Written 23 August 2022
- My wife and I booked a tour of that distillery. Arriving at the GPS location, we were surprised to find the lavish hotel Cavalier! We thought we had made an error and searched some more. Nope. Really there, downstairs.
The tour was given by a very knowledgeable lady. It was instructive AND fun & interesting. Cleverly done in a superb (albeit small scale) setting. Bravo!
Not an old distillery, but they have had the time to age their own, and it is VERY good. I recommend the tour AND the "Discretion".Written 22 September 2022
- Beautiful spot south of Sandbridge in Virginia Beach. It's very pristine and natural. Good place to bike. Walk over to the beach to see an unspoiled ocean view.Written 30 August 2022
- It's an amazing statue, and when you see it, make sure you walk around and notice all the details that make it truly unique!Written 22 August 2022
- The lighthouse is on an active military base, so if you not in the military you have to 'check-in'. At the check-in, they take your ID and then you board a bus that takes you to the lighthouse shop. You can climb it (there is a fee to climb it). There is also a walkway to the top of the dune that offers great views of the ocean and both lighthouses. There are 2 lighthouses. The older one, is the one that you can climb. The newer (still 140 years old) can be seen, but it's still an active lighthouse and you can't get too close to it. Worth the visit. The bus drivers and guides at the lighthouse are very friendly and love sharing information about the lighthouses.Written 16 September 2022
- Lovely park. No admission or parking fees. Lots of parking spaces in multiple lots.
Lots of paths, steps and hills to get a nice workout in…or a stroll.
Nice play area for the kids. Bathrooms and vending machines available in main parking area.Written 12 June 2022
- During the morning walks down on the boardwalk, it was a nice land mark to have for distance. Nice statue!Written 23 September 2022
- The people in Chic's Beach are what make it great. It has the magical combination of a small-town, countryside feel with a hefty, yet gently flowing vibe of a sun-bathed, fishing and surfing resort complete with all the beauties in swimwear. You'll have a magnificent experience if you can chill and take it all in like a local - with a tanned smile, delicious drinks in hand.Written 15 July 2022
- This is a remote, beautiful state Park. You have to hike or bike through Back Bay refuge to get to the park. If you are biking don't go past the visitor center. The trails south of the visitor center don't support bikes. The beach is also not easy to bike on. The sand is too soft to bike on.Written 30 August 2022
- met several who are aware of ldmyers cayce connection.
.myers ascended master.
.channeling many including edgar
myers gave extended readins to cvayce great grandaughter
and was spirit and brains behind now dead cayce ctr nycWritten 3 April 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Virginia Beach
- The most popular things to do in Virginia Beach with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Military Aviation Museum
- King Neptune Statue on the Boardwalk
- Naval Aviation Monument
- Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge
- First Landing State Park