- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
14 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- This is a beautiful spot not far off hwy. 60 in Missouri. The water was gorgeous. The fall colors made it all the prettier. Well worth the stop.Written 18 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- So much fun packed into this little area that we somehow managed to make it a whole day stay!! They are so knowledgeable of the area but especially the wildlife they care for! Please go!!Written 6 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We spent two days seeing and kayaking the Current River. We started our trip at Aker’s Ferry and got out at Round Spring, a 20-mile trip. Beautiful scenery that was filled with the sound of birds. Along the way there were many rock cliffs, caves, and sprigs.Written 9 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visiting the many springs and trails in this area is definitely worth it. The rivers are clear and teal in many places, which is not common across the country. Definitely worth the views. Bring some boots just in case, depending on the weather and mud if you plan to go for walks.Written 15 May 2021
- We only drove on state hwy 60 between Paducah and Springfield through this forest, but what a gorgeous drive! It was definitely one of the prettiest roads from our road trip ( Texas to NC and back). We will go back to explore this area for sure! The road itself was really wide which was also a nice change!Written 30 December 2021
- I went here alone and hiked the trail behind the spring and viewed the little cave behind where the spring begins. I was impressed, it’s well kept. There were park rangers there if anyone had questions and the trail provided even more breathtaking views although it was steep and rocky in some places.Written 29 July 2021
- The Missouri Dept. of Conservation does a great job of recognizing the public desire to have reasonable, regular and conservation-conscious access to its many public waterways. This Van Buren Riverfront Park is an excellent example of how relatively small acreages can be used to serve the public for recreational access to the Show-Me State's great natural resources. A concrete boat ramp is available for boats, while (for safety reasons) canoes, kayaks, tubes, swimmers and fishermen may access the crystal clear Current River from the adjacent gravel bar. Being small in size, there is not a lot of scenic value here (beyond the truly inherent and sufficient beauty of the Current River, itself). The overhead bridge traffic also offers its share of noise to detract from any incorrectly anticipated expectations of "serenity". There are picnic tables and outdoor-type bathroom facilities. We floated by this park on a Current River canoe trip, and the atmosphere might remind one of a locally-managed small-city park. However, the state of Missouri should be recognized for providing this easy access point to this locally important waterway just off a main highway through Van Buren. Be aware that there is a moderate amount of larger-engine jet boats operating up and down this immediate portion of the river, and an adjacent campground can get a little rowdy.Written 17 August 2018
- This is an out of the way little mill which requires a two mile drive down a dirt road. One section of the dirt road was a little steep, but our two wheel drive vehicle managed just fine. When we got there, the place was deserted, so it might be a little creepy for the solo traveler, but it is a nice adventure for those traveling with family or friends. FYI, we did not have cell phone reception in this area (AT&T network).Written 14 October 2020
- Currently the campground and some of the river access is closed due to major flooding in the Spring. The boat ramp and some parking is open. There is also a boardwalk and a small sandy area near the river. One pit toilet is available as well. The park is not far from Van Buren and a 20 minute float to the bridge.Written 30 July 2017
- the tree colors are changing making this hike very colorful. The cooler temps makes it a pleasure to hike.Written 24 October 2019
- We were referred to Pop's by the locals because my son and I wanted some fried fish on a Friday night. They nailed it too!! Apparently it was all you can eat fried fish and sides which made it even better! My 10 year old still talks about Pop's! The staff were so friendly that we felt like family the whole time!!Written 6 January 2023
- Great place to take your kids or your grandpa fishing. We caught a bunch of bluegill and a couple small bass. There are catfish here too. There is a hiking trail around the lake that's nice too. No swimming and electric motors only on boats.Written 9 April 2016
- The big plus is its just woods. Great place to spent some time in the woods. Parking is limited and not paved. But it's your woods enjoy them.Written 1 April 2016
- First off the people at the Landing were wonderful took us up the river and got us into our raft no problems at all. However this would be a 10/10 float trip except for the idiots in their boats that fly up and down the river dodging in and out of all the rafts, canoes, tubes, etc. I’m honestly surprised that there isn’t more accidents. We did the 9 mile float which was great then the second day we went South of Van Buren to big springs in our own kayaks and it was another spectacular trip besides the idiots in the boats. If you are unfamiliar with boating rules don’t worry about it they don’t know either. Just keep your head on a swivel and enjoy nature at its finest.Written 8 August 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Van Buren
- The most popular things to do in Van Buren with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Van Buren on Tripadvisor
Van Buren Attractions Information
|Local Time||Friday 4:57 AM|