Outdoor activities in Van Buren
Top Outdoor Activities in Van Buren, MO
Outdoor Activities in Van Buren
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- The Missouri Dept. of Conservation does a great job of recognizing the public desire to have reasonable, regular and conservation-conscious access to its many public waterways. This Van Buren Riverfront Park is an excellent example of how relatively small acreages can be used to serve the public for recreational access to the Show-Me State's great natural resources. A concrete boat ramp is available for boats, while (for safety reasons) canoes, kayaks, tubes, swimmers and fishermen may access the crystal clear Current River from the adjacent gravel bar. Being small in size, there is not a lot of scenic value here (beyond the truly inherent and sufficient beauty of the Current River, itself). The overhead bridge traffic also offers its share of noise to detract from any incorrectly anticipated expectations of "serenity". There are picnic tables and outdoor-type bathroom facilities. We floated by this park on a Current River canoe trip, and the atmosphere might remind one of a locally-managed small-city park. However, the state of Missouri should be recognized for providing this easy access point to this locally important waterway just off a main highway through Van Buren. Be aware that there is a moderate amount of larger-engine jet boats operating up and down this immediate portion of the river, and an adjacent campground can get a little rowdy.Written 17 August 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- the tree colors are changing making this hike very colorful. The cooler temps makes it a pleasure to hike.Written 24 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- First off the people at the Landing were wonderful took us up the river and got us into our raft no problems at all. However this would be a 10/10 float trip except for the idiots in their boats that fly up and down the river dodging in and out of all the rafts, canoes, tubes, etc. I’m honestly surprised that there isn’t more accidents. We did the 9 mile float which was great then the second day we went South of Van Buren to big springs in our own kayaks and it was another spectacular trip besides the idiots in the boats. If you are unfamiliar with boating rules don’t worry about it they don’t know either. Just keep your head on a swivel and enjoy nature at its finest.Written 8 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Van Buren
- These places are best for outdoor activities in Van Buren:See more outdoor activities in Van Buren on Tripadvisor