Top Attractions in Estes Park
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- I get to drive this chunk of highway on a semi-regular basis because I live in the area. It is always spectacular for the ever-changing scenery and panoramic vistas. Quite often there will be traffic jams for visitors either taking pictures of spectacular scenery or herds of elk that live in this high country. If you're visiting the Denver area and you have some time, this is 2 or 3 hour excursion that is well worth the time.Written 3 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A nice leisurely stroll by the river. The couple we were with had a dog, and it was nice outing. The river was frozen over in some places, so the view as beautiful.Written 7 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A quick ride up and down the mountain and some hiking at the top. The tram guides didn't know anything about the mountains we could see- like even their names- so that could've been better. But they got us up and down safely and quickly, and it was cool to hike around at the top.Written 22 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The employee who was working greeted us and was willing to assist us with brochures and maps of the area.Written 26 January 2023
- One of the best things to do in Estes Park's downtown. Whether you are finishing up from RMNP or just walking the main street, this is a must stop location in Estes. It features both beautiful glass creations and a live demonstration of the art.Written 8 December 2022
- All of our experience was awesome! They even had perfect weather for us! We rented two pontoon boats to accommodate our family of 14. Life vests were available for us in all sizes needed. Great marina, great staff, great time!Written 25 August 2022
- A great place to visit. We made a day trip here and enjoyed every minute. We loved visiting the local shops and browsing. The views here are outstanding. There was a large elk grazing in front of the visitors center. It got kind of chilly out, but I bet this place is hopping in the summertime.Written 7 December 2022
- This studio sets itself apart from downtown traffic as well as the other ‘ordinary’ glass studios. The staff are very friendly and professional. They take great care when packaging your purchases for travel. There’s something gorgeous for every price range and their colors are beautifully vibrant.Written 30 September 2022
- We stopped in for a snack and some wine after a long hike in RMNP. We were lucky enough to get a spot outside to enjoy the weather. The employee that helped us was so nice - took the time to explain everything to us and was super friendly. My husband and I both did a tasting and then enjoyed a glass of our favorite wine that we tried. They also had a nice selection of meats, cheeses and crackers - we enjoyed one of each while here. All around a comfortable and enjoyable visit!Written 5 October 2022
- Great beers and friendly staff! Dom was great and gave us tips on hiking! It was a great stop safe spot for our girls trip.Written 8 December 2022
- Not only is the Red Rose Rock Shop an amazing place to visit and purchase beautiful crystals, but the personal service is truly remarkable.
I bought 3 crystals for a friend and then had the shop mail them, for a reasonable price of $10. My friend was so impressed with how carefully each crystal was packaged. I feel that the shop deserves special recognition for a job well done!Written 12 September 2022
- We feel lucky to have spent an amazing evening with a sweet man named Mike, at his community observatory in Estes. We saw Jupiter with its stripes and moons, Saturn and its rings, a dying star, binary star system, star clusters and the neighboring galaxy Andromeda! This little Estes secret is really something special. His nerdy love of space is contagious. The dome held 12 of us and we had many turns at the telescope. This is something a solo person would enjoy up to a family (our 6 year old daughter loved it)!Written 29 October 2022
- Took the AIARE 1 three-day class with CMS and learned so much. Great balance of classroom and field time. There was 1 guide/6 people which was a great ratio. The four guides were all extremely knowledgeable, open to answer any questions, and happy to give suggestions for gear and future adventures. They were also fun!
My group went out with Sarah on the first field day. Sarah did a great job at making sure we practiced all the rescue skills in the curriculum while adjusting the pace of the class to keep us warm on a truly freezing day. Sarah checked in with us often to make sure we were comfortable and still had all our toes.
My group went out with Matt on the second day. Matt not only taught us more rescue and avalanche skills but also gave us pointers for efficient backcountry travel/skinning. He dropped in anecdotes throughout the class to give real life, tangible examples.
I truly could not recommend this class at CMS more. Or even hiring Sarah or Matt (or Kyle or Chris!) as a personal guide. I feel like I have a solid foundation to keep myself safe this season and have the tools to continue my education.Written 20 December 2022
- This is a must see. Make sure to stop at the Tourist Centers that are located about a mile before the park entrance to get a map and view their facilities.Written 26 January 2023
- This was an old school style fun park we went to wasting time before going back through RMNP. We had a large group from 2 to 75 years old. There was something for everyone and even the 20's had a good time on the go carts, bumper boats, and mini-golf. The mini golf course had a lot of variety and overlooks a park where elk tend to gather. Was very happy we stopped by.Written 11 September 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Estes Park
- The best day trips from Estes Park according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Discover Rocky Mountain National Park from Denver or Boulder
- Rocky Mountain National Park and Estes Park Tour from Denver Winter and Spring
- Hiking Adventure in Rocky Mountain National Park from Denver
- Winter / Spring Private Rocky Mountain National Park Guided Tour
- Private Rocky Mountain National Park from Denver and Boulder
Estes Park Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 8:44 AM|