Top Attractions in Batu Ferringhi
What travellers are saying
- Loved the whole experience. It was such an eye opener to see and learn something new on all things teddy bear related. It was a good cultural experience as well. Gave us an insight of Malay, Chinese and Indian cultures. I would have loved it more if there was a teddy bear workshop or something where we can make our own teddy's haha. Besides that was a good experience.Written 23 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Got a taxi here three of us best way to get there you dont need organised tour.
You have a guide showing you around and explaing various fruit, you then get to try some which is lovely and fresh.
The views are fantastic this place is really worth a visit the cost for the far. is about £6 English pound xWritten 22 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great experience today celebrating our daughter’s birthday. Rani and team are great hosts. Really appreciate the service. You all made the kids truly happy.Written 19 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lots of people but still nice to have picnic with family and friends. The beach also clean and acceptableWritten 19 September 2022
- Due to Covid, almost no tourists visiting this night market. Only some and limited stores still running.
A nice and slow walk after dinner. Hope that when Malaysia is allowing tourists to return, this will inject life to the business again.Written 24 December 2020
- After posting another review on Tripadvisor, I happened on the previous reviews of this waterfall from another reviewer. Well, I googlemapped it and it turn out to be about 1.6 kilometers from the hotel we were staying. I figured out a route along the beach, turned into the main road and crossed it, turned left at an Indian restaurant and found the unmarked road that led into the jungle.
We hiked a few hundred meters up a gravel road. Yes, there were several unfinished construction sites along the gravel road and some trash but the walk was pleasant enough.
After about 400 meters from the road, there was a house with some barking dogs, a small old rusting bridge, the road turned into a swampy trail. My girlfriend and I managed to avoid the boggy parts and advanced up the rocks, following the stream to the waterfalls and there was no one there. It was pretty. There were some macaque monkeys chattering in the distance but they left us alone.
We didn't take a dip but we just lounged around and enjoyed the butterflies and dragonflies as the dipped around the waters around our feet. Really nice secluded spot. Highly recommended if you are staying around this area.Written 29 November 2019
- Very Relax environment, nice view and can enjoy very much. Relaxing walk is the most fun of the trip. Cold Weather tooWritten 3 February 2020
- This is a great little place to visit with an array of jewelry , statues both big and small and paintings & prints. Well worth the visit for some quality memo to of Penang.Written 24 September 2022
- We got picked up at the airport and taken to our hotel. Great communication on email prior, driver was very informative of his town, pointing out places To go and see.Written 22 September 2022
- Great place for some sunset drinks right on the beach. We also had some food here, the TomYam soup was really delicious. The rendang was ok only. The bar was busy and fun in the evening too- a good spot for the eveningWritten 17 December 2021
- My Wife and I decided to try the massage here as we stay in Lone Pine which is very convenient for us to make reservation. The Balinese massage was good and the ginger tea after the session was refreshing (hot and spicy). Only one comment is that the smell of the essential oil, not sure is it too strong as I sneezed and had runny nose after the session.Written 10 March 2020
- Just an amazing three hours with Andy. We have two children (10 and 7) and we wanted to take our kids fishing as they absolutely love fishing. Andy arrived right on time and picked us up at the beach in front of our hotel (Shangri-la Golden Sands).
We decided to go with the hand-line fishing (3 hours) instead of the deep sea fishing (6 hours) as we know our kids don't have that in them. For kids (and adults) this was way more fun and exciting as the spot Andy took us to was filled with fish, not too far from Monkey Beach. Andy gave us a quick intro as to how to catch fish with the hand line and he is bang-on, within 5 minutes my son had caught his first fish. After 1.5 hours we had caught roughly 30 fish...little ones but the excitement was there.
It rained for about 30 minutes, but it was nice warm rain and we just kept fishing, Funny enough Andy said, sometimes after a storm dolphins come out
We decided to forego more fishing and head to Monkey Beach to check it out, Neat little spot. The beach is quite nice compared to the one in front of Shargri-la but being on a boat / fishing trip we were a little unprepared (should have brought money and a towel) there are a few food stalls and you could stop and have a beer here. Of course there are monkeys around for a few photo ops, and the kids like to see them.
With about 15 minutes to spare in our 3 hour tour, we decided to head back to the hotel...and then we spotted a pod of dolphins (Andy was right!) So Andy moved us into position where we were right along side the dolphins, was such a neat experience. We even caught a video of a young dolphin jump out of the water much like you would see at Sea World or somewhere similar.
Andy is an amazing human, simply guy and just very nice person. I highly recommend booking him if you are in Bate Ferringhi as a means to just get out on the water and have a great experience for you and your kids.
Total price for 3 hours, 280MYR, you can't beat that.Written 24 September 2022
- One of my best spa experience ever. On the pricier side but totally worth the money for the ambiance and hospitality. No hard sell!
Done a 60min massage session before the day of departure and I regret finding out this spa towards the end of the trip. Couldn’t find time to slot in another session. Special thanks to Janice for making my short session a relaxing one I feel so unwind after the session.Written 26 March 2022
- The Rasa Sayang resort team (at every level) have been a beacon of smiles and superb service during this week that we’ve spent with them. They’ve made a difficult situation as bearable as was possible and all done with the upmost professionalism.
Whilst we’ve only been able to order room service, the food has been beautifully presented and very tasty too.
The room teams have been speedy and efficient and always with a smile, which was ver much appreciated.
Thank you again for all of your help with everything.Written 21 March 2020
- I wish we found this place earlier in our stay. I had both a body and foot massage. Very knowledgeable and restorative. The place is on the beach, in between Rasa and Golden Sands!Written 18 September 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Batu Ferringhi
- The best outdoor activities in Batu Ferringhi according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Batu Ferringhi on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Batu Ferringhi according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Penang: Flexible 6-Hours Highlights
- Penang: Flexible Full-Day Adventures
- Penang Nature Tour with Penang Hill(Fast Lane), Kek Lok Si & Botanical Garden
- Penang Full-Day Private Customizable Tour with Pick Up
- Penang City Tour with Tropical Fruit Farm Admission Ticket