Top Attractions in Aberlour
What travellers are saying
- Cardhu tour was absolutley brilliant! Our Tour was carried out amazingly by our fantastic tour guid Natalie who spoke brilliantly and had so much knowledge. We had an amazing time thank you again Natalie!Written 7 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I was here for the connosieur tour
Fantastic tour , good walk around and many fantastic drams and very Nice tourguidesWritten 19 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Had a wonderful tasting session with Tom. He was knowledgable and passionate about the product and you can clearly see he enjoys what he does.
Great selection of samples showing the different styles. Would 100% recommend.Written 13 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Loved visiting and bought the most gorgeous scarf. Definitely worth the visit if you're in the area.Written 18 September 2022
- We have a nice walk up to the falls while enjoying the aroma at certain points from the aberlour distillery. At the falls we had a dip in to cool offWritten 24 July 2022
- Fantastic deals on factory reject biscuits - £2.20 for 500g packs. Variety of mince pies, shortbread & mincemeat biscuits were on sale the day we visited. Perfect biscuit range was good with nice boxed sets however they weren’t that great value & didn’t seem that much of a bargain.
Staff were welcoming with a cheery hello when we walked in but when I chatted at till about what we’d bought my comments were ignored.
Shortbread is delicious.Better taste than Deans who we visited the next day in Huntley.Written 2 November 2019
- Had a flying visit here as its by appointment for a tour
So just a quick photo from the road
One to add to the bucket list next time we are these partsWritten 25 October 2016
- We did the Pioneer Experience which was unique from everything else we did in this trip! My husband loves scotch so we planned several different kinds of scotch experiences, and this was by far our favorite. Actors portraying historic Macallan family, telling the story of the estate and the brand. A picnic lunch on the River Spey (with incredible options for my gluten free/dairy free husband). A super helpful and friendly tour guide. And an awesome tasting at the end. Loved everything about it!Written 5 August 2022
- We stopped here to grab sandwiches and found this gem. Cute nice shop with so many items, gifts and grocery. The best sandwiches we had on our trip and the employees were very kind. Thank youWritten 18 April 2022
- Very easy to get in contact with and when he arrived the taxi was in brilliant condition, very clean and was driven properly.
You could pay by card which is very helpful and he has very good rates.
Would definitely recommend.Written 30 August 2019
- What an absolute gem of a shop. Full of lovely gifts for all ages.
Wish I lived local but will definitely return when in the area.
We’ll worth a visit.Written 28 October 2022
- Really friendly and welcoming. Great menu with lots of choice. Probably the best veggie burger I've had. Delicious milkshake with full range of non dairy milks. Chocolate milkshake with coconut milk was heavenly. Brilliant service.Written 8 October 2021
- Coastal Bird Walk, my wife and I pre-booked this tour for our visit to Scotland as an introduction to the wildlife of the area. Our guide was the knowledgeable and enthusiastic Sarah-Jane, who took us through various habitats around Spey Bay. We saw a good array of birds and even a seal in the estuary. A halfway refreshment break was a nice touch. The walk and engagement with Sarah-Jane made the walk very enjoyable, so much so that the 2 hours seemed to fly by.
We would certainly recommend using Wild Alba Tours, the local knowledge of the guide was priceless in getting us to places we probably would have missed without their guidance and bird species we would have missed or been unable to identify.
Many thanks to Sarah-Jane for a very enjoyable morning. Vivien & NeilWritten 12 April 2022
- We were very fortunate to embark on 2 excursions with the Copper Still team. Being completely new to much of Scotland this was an excellent way to see the native landscape in all its glory.
The first of our trips was a whisky distillery tour for which we were warming greater by our host Willy, hugely knowledgable in his field and very entertaining. He arriving promptly in a very clean and comfortable car before whisking us off to the surrounding area, over the course of the day we visited stunning lookouts, sampled a great many whiskeys and explore several distillery’s.
The second trip was visiting heritage sites, this time we were greeted by Vince who was again hugely knowledgable, very friendly and attentive to all our needs, he arrived punctually in the same car primed with lots of ideas and suggestions, the day consisted of castle tours, local villages and stunning nature views.
Willy and Vince are true gentlemen and nothing was too much trouble, dispute all the various COVID complications the excursions were very professional and tailored to our requirements at every turn.
Thank you both for such great days!Written 2 July 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Aberlour
- The best day trips from Aberlour according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- GHD Clan Tour of Speyside Distilleries
- Speyside Whisky Tour - Three Distilleries Included - Private - 5 Star Reviews
- Scotland Whisky Distilleries and Tasting Private Day Tour by Luxury Car
- Speyside Whisky and Moray Firth Coast Small-Group Day Tour from Inverness
- Meet Johnnie Walker - Private Whisky Tour - Cardhu, Cragganmore, Royal Lochnagar
- The most popular things to do in Aberlour with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Aberlour on Tripadvisor