- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked according to revenue made by Tripadvisor on those bookings, plus the number of page views by Tripadvisor users, and the quantity and quality of reviews
What travellers are saying
- I decided to try a new adventure for my 5th visit to the always reliable Maldives and booked Addu Atoll where about 10% of Maldivians live. It is near the Equator and has year round good diving conditions and warm water at 29 degrees C . As a Brit I was glad to discover that the British base in Gan in WW2 to the mid-70s had left the locals quite pro-British.
I dived with Addu Dive and Instructor Saalim and DM Maadhi were careful, helpful and delightfully companionable. They had 4 Maldivian DM students that week who were good company and as an elderly woman with a mild heart rhythm problem I was allowed to choose the dive sites to stay below 20m depth as instructed by my dive physician. We dived from a dhoni with excellent help from the 2 boat crew and I was waited on hand and foot by Suhail. Ginger tea between dives kept us deliciously warm.
The reefs were healthy and reef fish plentiful and we saw lots of green and hawksbill turtles, eagle rays, white tip sharks, octopus and mantas. On my last day we did the WW2 British Loyalty tanker wreck, the largest wreck in the Maldives lying in 18 – 33m depth and the final glorious dive was at Manta Point. The incoming current brings the mantas to the cleaning station and when we divers arrived they came to us ( with manta whisperer Maadhi inviting them with hand gestures) and hovered just above us to enjoy the sensation of our dive bubbles on them. So we had wonderful close up contact with them for 35 minutes. A white tip shark hung around apparently just enjoying the current.
I stayed at Wavesound 3S, a comfortable 7 room sunset-facing Guest House on the beach with an attached restaurant which was used by the locals so felt nice and normal. Addu Dive and the guest house are sister companies.Written 10 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Over the last few years I have developed a tradition of finding somewhere in the Maldives to go divingover my Christmas/ New Year break. This being my first trip back since covid was probably the best diving yet. There was a lot to see with Manta rays, a variety of sharks including hammer heads, turtles, beautiful corals, and even a wreck thrown in making very hard to be disappointed. On top of that the diving itself, was something I have not experienced before. Marc and Jiji and the team at Aquaventure gave me the confidence push myself outside my comfort zone which in turn made me a better diver. With one simple instruction being "keep close" Marc took me into channels and currents that I have never experienced before. And because they had such a strong emphasis on safety from the time I stepped on the boat if they were prepared to take me diving in these conditions I knew they must have believed it was safe to do so which then allowed me to be more comfortable than I would have expected to be.
I feel like I arrived on Addu Atoll as someone who enjoyed diving and I left as a diver and I cannot be more grateful for the experience.Written 6 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A beautiful beach area with natural live reef, crystal clear water great service from Liquid watersports. A very short trip from Male' 10 minutes ferry ride to Villingili a very peaceful little community. Enjoyed the beach with family and friends.Written 3 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were only 7 days in the hotel and had only 3 dives. But the start with the refresher was already great. We saw big turtles and a 1.5 m shark. The assistance by the diveclub team was great nothing was missing. Before the second dive we asked whether it would be possible to see mantaras. But they were deeper than we were allowed to dive. This time we saw then napoleon fishes and other reef fishes. Our last dive was the day before we left. And the diveclub Team had a surprise for us. They took us to the channel where the mantaras come into the lagoon. And we saw one these amazing fishes less than ten meters from us and a lot of other fishes. They took great photos with our equipment and they were helping us wherever possible.
Again thank you to the teamleader and the team at the suboceanic diveclub!Written 15 December 2019
- We dive on different site and wow it was amazing
The staff knew their reef and did everything for us to have an amazing time.
Ps take a gopro or rent it out at the center
Equipement was perfect for what we did😜Written 15 August 2021
- I just had a great skydive over the Maldives.
All the other activities in the Maldives seemed a little too slow for me (like fishing and snorkeling) but Skydiving was something totally different and really made my holiday amazing.Written 13 April 2019
- Hi all, i have asked the agency for 2N in one resort and 2N in another resort for a trip to maldives. That was the whole point of me going to agency. They have agreed and sent some pacakages and i liked one and asked them for that particular package. Then the trick and scam started there. I asked if there is any better price, startiaghtaway got a call from the agency team member and they transferred to some senior team member. I asked them if there is any price variance, he said he will send me some discounted price after the call and then suddenly the team member who is in contact with me since starting said there is only option for 3N not for 2N in particular resort. Then i said to proceed i taught that was the discounted price. In that she simply deleted and sent me only for 1 resort for all the price and its not even the discounted price. When i paid and asked for the confirmation she sent me only one and was shocked to see one resort . They simply said its your fault. Not our fault and i called them and after long conversation they agreed to do 1 N and after 2 days they said can’t do and sorry . Its not correct at all. My whole journey to agency was a combination of 2 resorts and i clearly mentioned them since starting. Need really help in this . I want to proceed legally.
@heavenholidays #ghaziabad. #UttarpradeshWritten 10 November 2022
Addu City Tours Information
|Tours Prices From||S$2,125|