Top Attractions in Levi
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- It was an amazing experience in Lapland that one not to be missed. We were trained with video tutorials and given special shoes, helmets, suits, gloves and many other accessories. The cart car has 13 H/P engine and can speed up to 60km/h. It has a speed and safety monitor and the side of the tracks are made of 2 feet tall tick snow wall. So safety is promised.
The race was between the four of us. The sensors fitted on both sides of the track mark the laps covered and time taken accurately. After 3 or 4 rounds, we got the hang of it. . It was getting dark soon, so first we posed for some photos then move to the race. The first lap was very difficult. But we learned the technique very fast. Drifting through the ice is very tricky and lots of fun. Also a few times we crashed each other and hit on the snow wall.
Its a must-do activity on your arctic circle tripWritten 25 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The staff here are so helpful and guided me through the options around excursions when I was unsure if I could travel. This is also the best and cheapest place to book your activitiesWritten 30 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Levilla kaydessa ala Jaya kaymatta. Huippu ruoka iloinen ja ystavallinen palvelu. When you visit in Levi don’t miss this place. Marvelous food, cheerful and lovely service. And don’t forget the snow castle.Written 27 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The peak is 581m above sea level and is easily accessible through gondola. There is one restaurant at the top and a campfire too. There is a marked walking trail which is suitable for children as well. The views are splendid from the top. The place is very windy and it is advisable to be fully covered to enjoy the views for longer time.Written 3 December 2018
- This is a beautiful river that goes next to Levi. There are nice spots by the river on which you can have a bond fire, fish, swim and go canoeing.Written 3 March 2018
- The visit to this place was good, it was a series of activities and things we did, the entrance is somewhat cheap, they offer you a rich cup of chocolate which is necessary due to the cold, we fed the reindeer, we saw the way of life of the population and some details that are important in the town. If you have time you can spend a pleasant afternoon…Written 25 June 2020
- When I came here with my mother and brother in 2014 just before Christmas, we were only there for one day but it was filled with events. You will be able to visit the ice hotel, where everything is made of solid ice, from the beds, the walls and even a bar with shot glasses made of ice, you can even smash them on the ground after downing a shot of vodka. You will meet elves there in large wooden huts, but these aren't the tiny elves with large ears you'd expect, but quite large and normal looking. Since this place is so high up on the planet, and since it was winter, you don't get sunlight for long; it tends to get dark around 4pm. All warm clothes are provided once you are there, but be careful, even just taking off your gloves you will feel the icy chill. There are sleds pulled by reindeer although these are slow, if you want something fast try a husky ride; as you race through the dark woods you will feel the ice cold wind lashing at your cheeks, for me it was the best part of the trip; just enjoy the experience while you can because they only let each family ride once. You can go down ice slides and make huge snow angels, just laying back you are swallowed by the snow, then we met Father Christmas. You are transported to a small hut and once inside you see an old man wearing red, when I met him he spoke with a Russian accent; we had our photos taken but since my brother and I were both in our teens we didn't get any gifts, my mother is still annoyed about that.Written 3 June 2020
- If you are in Levi or the surroundings do not hesitate to hire the excursions with Eanan. We traveled as a family and thoroughly enjoyed feeding the reindeer (there was no snow for sledding) and dog sledding. The best thing is the love they have for their animals, they think of the tourist, but more of the animals. It is a family business and Victor speaks Spanish, so if you do not understand English well he is a great help. Maximum recommendation. Thank you Victor for so much respect for the reindeer and huskies and for making our visit unforgettable.Written 28 November 2022
- A must do if going on a trip to Finland to see Father Christmas. Went with the grandkids and they had the best time ever. It was an amazing experience driving the huskiesWritten 4 July 2022
- My husband and i and our 5 year old son went to winter laser world in December 2019 whilst on holiday in Levi. It was great fun! A lot of attention to detail had been paid to the layout of the battle area with bunkers, trenches, and lots of places to hide. Its location in the forest is also really atmospheric. We played against another family and really enjoyed ourselves. It was very well organised as well. Would definitely recommend to others.Written 31 July 2021
- The husky park tour was absolutely amazing with the 6 of us getting to ride the sled in pairs of 2. We spent time petting the dogs and got to see the foxes (including an artic fox) and the wolfdog. Incredible experience and an absolute must do if you canWritten 31 March 2022
- We were welcomed by our guide Adriaan at the wild nordic office and felt comfortable straight away.
We informed us about the trip, what was going to happen and gave a clear explanation of the do and don't for the snowscooter.
During the ride he kept a close eye on us and informed us for specific cases how to co trol the snowscooter.
We felt very welcome and relaxed during the whole tour (including the visit to the ice gallery) and definitely recommend Wild NordicWritten 8 March 2022
- Staying in Levi at the moment, booked through Inghams, and our first trip of the week was snowmobiling with this Company. Not having done anything like this previously, and having a few medical issues, I admit to having a bit of a ‘wobble’ before the ride. Thankfully, when I explained about my difficulties, the instructor Mark took me for a little spin around the car park. I cannot fault the Team in ensuring we all understood the health & safety of using the machines, and they took great care of us, with 3 Instructors (including a children’s sled) attached to our small group.
Our trip took us out over the frozen lake behind K5 Hotel, a 28km round trip to a local Reindeer Farm. The views were simply stunning. Maybe realising my fear was affecting my husband’s ability to enjoy the ride by driving a little slow (or at least I think it was this lol 😂), Mark stepped in, and offered me the opportunity to ride with him. Which left my husband to drive to the others potential, and enjoy his own experience. Thank you for recognising this Mark, as a result we both had an amazing experience!
Sadly, we could have done with a little more time at the reindeer farm, I felt that we had only just picked up our hot drinks & doughnuts, and we were being encouraged to visit the reindeers. As we go to see them on another day, there wasn’t the need for us to dash fortunately, but could be an area for improvement. Mind you, maybe we were just a slow group driving there, but we certainly came back far faster than we went, obviously with drivers feeling a little more confident.
My husband was able to get some fantastic ‘go pro’ footage, as the temperatures were very moderate during our stay (apparently they don’t work so well in very low temperatures). One includes Mark and I whizzing past on the frozen lake on the way back, a memory I will never forget. The most exhilarating ride, thank you all at Perhesafarit for caring, and asking how I was feeling on my return, and thank you for a fab time Mark & the Perhesafarit Crew!Written 28 November 2022
- 5* Stars all the way for the tour from our family :-)
We was supplied everything we needed for this tour and given a full brief of instruction before we left to find the northern lights! Due to the weather it never happened but that never stopped us having the best time cooking sausage in the middle of the woods and enjoying nature. Our guide Mario was the best :-)))))Written 16 March 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Levi
- The best day trips from Levi according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Day trip to Santa Claus Village from Levi
- Private Day Trip to Santa Claus Village from Levi
- Half-Day Snowcastle Tour by Snowmobile in Levi with Lunch
- Private Full-Day Trip to Santa Claus Village from Levi
- Visit Santapark at the Arctic Circle in Rovaniemi from Levi