Top Attractions in Sirkka
What travellers are saying
- The visit to this place was good, it was a series of activities and things we did, the entrance is somewhat cheap, they offer you a rich cup of chocolate which is necessary due to the cold, we fed the reindeer, we saw the way of life of the population and some details that are important in the town. If you have time you can spend a pleasant afternoon…Written 25 June 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- When I came here with my mother and brother in 2014 just before Christmas, we were only there for one day but it was filled with events. You will be able to visit the ice hotel, where everything is made of solid ice, from the beds, the walls and even a bar with shot glasses made of ice, you can even smash them on the ground after downing a shot of vodka. You will meet elves there in large wooden huts, but these aren't the tiny elves with large ears you'd expect, but quite large and normal looking. Since this place is so high up on the planet, and since it was winter, you don't get sunlight for long; it tends to get dark around 4pm. All warm clothes are provided once you are there, but be careful, even just taking off your gloves you will feel the icy chill. There are sleds pulled by reindeer although these are slow, if you want something fast try a husky ride; as you race through the dark woods you will feel the ice cold wind lashing at your cheeks, for me it was the best part of the trip; just enjoy the experience while you can because they only let each family ride once. You can go down ice slides and make huge snow angels, just laying back you are swallowed by the snow, then we met Father Christmas. You are transported to a small hut and once inside you see an old man wearing red, when I met him he spoke with a Russian accent; we had our photos taken but since my brother and I were both in our teens we didn't get any gifts, my mother is still annoyed about that.Written 3 June 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had (with my sister) a lovely and exciting autumn weekend with the best guide possible! Big thanks to our guide Mait from great days in beautifull places in Lapland,Kilpisjärvi and Saana and also in Särkitunturi. Everyone have to see these most beautifull places in the world! I And my sister highly recommed Arctic Hospitality!
We’ll back soon!Written 17 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My friend & I hired 2 snow mobiles on Saturday, we opted against a tour & hired them for 4 hours, €180 each. It was -31 when we set off, it may have been freezing cold - thank God for headed handle bars- life saver, the scenes were incredible!!! It was like we had stepped into Nania, endless snow covered trees, riding over frozen lakes, was magical! We stopped off in a very quiet town (a reindeer farm), we wet greeted by a lovely lady who warmed us up with some hot chocolate by the fire. She told us all about the history of the town & also warned us not to drive near the river as they weren't frozen yet!!!
I wish I could have taken my Go pro to share the incredible scene, but I have attached a few pictures from our trip. Including the gorgeous little sausage dog who was waiting for us when we go back.
Staff spoke very good English, we're friendly, helpful & very welcoming. Couldn't recommend doing this more, it's a great way to see the depths for Levi & more. Can't wait to go back!Written 8 December 2021
- We booked the fairytale ride for our 7 and 9 year olds. It was an amazing experience with children riding and adults leading the horses thru the winter wonderland. Children had a small spring celebration at a table set in the middle of the forest and looked for fairies, made a wish to the fairies and even saw the king of the forest and fairies Tapio ski by. Really friendly staff and tour was well planned and a joy to both children and adults!Written 26 February 2022
- Very nice and relax experience. Quide was friendly and experienced, gave good instructions for beginner and equipments provided were good. Horses were nice, friendly and calm, easy riding even with very little experience of horse back riding. Quide gave a possibility to try even faster going with the horses wich was nice! The 2hours tour for beginners happend in a beautiful and steady forest nearby the stables.Written 21 September 2022
- Wow! Wow! Wow! We went on a Northern Lights chase with James. And had a fantastic time. OK, the Northern lights showed up and were truly spectacular. What made this experience so special however was our guide James. He provided each person in the group with a Digital SLR camera already setup to catch the northern lights. He then provided us with hints and tips on how to ensure we got the most from our pictures. We managed to take some really spectacular shots. On top of this, James brought along some terrific homemade brownies and juice/tea which just hit the spot after a couple of hours out in the cold. A truly unforgettable experience and one made even more special by James. Highly recommended!Written 23 March 2022
- Erittäin osaava ja mukava henkilökunta! Iso suositus. Meitä oli kaksi pariskuntaa ja vuokrasimme kaksi kelkkaa. Hybät reitit ja paljon eri vaihtoehtoja (eri pituisia reittejä). IN ENGLISH: Really kind and caring staff, big recommendation!! We rented 2 snowmobiles (2 couples) and had so much fun. Great routes in different kind of distances to choose.Written 27 February 2021
- One of the best activities I’ve done in a long time.
I’ve been go-karting many times, but never enjoyed it that much as being over 100kg means you always go slower.
But on ice, weight seems less of an issue, maybe even a benefit.
Great service - collection and drop off from our rental apartment - and all staff very friendly.Written 14 April 2019
- They have a new adventure park with slides, drops and some climbing and the place is really fun for kids and adults. Its also in a nice location.Written 4 March 2018
- Really great, enthusiastic... And sympathetic instructor! Fantastic experience- hot yoga whilst looking out at the piles of snow is amazing!
Be sure to enjoy the hot tub after your session!
Thanks Mikko!Written 7 April 2016
- I spend several weeks in Levi every spring and even though I ski a lot I need other kind of excercise too.
Then its Levi Wellness club.
Excelleng grouplessons and personal trainers...
The fittness center is very good...
I can highly recommend this place...Written 5 March 2016
- Excellent value for money for €10 each for as many games as you want. Great way of passing time if you are on a late flight. Great fun and friendly service. Well maintained bowling alley . Recommended!Written 22 February 2020
- We had a wonderful time snowshoeing to Santa’s cabin with Annalee! She was a lovely guide, had loads of facts to tell us and brought hot berry juice to drink when we arrived. The views were incredible and we got some amazing photos, the walk was really fun too despite falling over a few times. We would definitely recommend!Written 21 December 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Sirkka
- The best outdoor activities in Sirkka according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Sirkka on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in Sirkka with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Sirkka on Tripadvisor