- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
19 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- A must for visitors. Excellent center with all trails and activities available. Small gift shop. Very helpful staff.Written 1 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The 5-day snowshoe tour could not have been better. The care by our guide Justin was excellent, the meals very good and the experiences in nature dreamlike. If you are looking for a very special time out, this is the right place. The accommodation in the hostel was also extremely cozy and with great attention to detail. Sabrina took extremely good care of us, was very helpful and was still able to organize a husky tour at short notice, although it is not so easy at this time. All staff are extremely warm and passionate in what they do. Thank you very much!!! Unforgettable!!!Written 11 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing tour with Jussi! This guy is great and full of good advice. He knows all the magical little paths. We recommend Snow Fun Safaris 100%.Written 15 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great experience from the off. Comfortable bus ride to the kennels/ start point. Well explained introduction from delightful guides from all over Europe. We were very lucky with theweather which was perfect but not too warm for the dogs, who were well trained and patient and tolerant of their novice mushers. Lots of photo oppotunities and great fun. Their wasan interesting question and answer session while we had a warm drink afterward, then we met some of the puppies. An excellent trip, not cheap but worth it.Written 10 April 2022
- We went to Sisu almost as "absolute beginners" nordic skiers who wanted to improve a little bit, and weren't disappointed. The service was fantastic, and the equipment very well maintained and cared for. Timo is a really patient, positive and passionate teacher. He tried to instill some good knowledge and in 90 minutes we grasped some of the basics and were able to survive on the simplest tracks. Absolutely recommended!Written 11 January 2021
- As thunder storms were announced for the afternoon, we decided to book the Escape marathon. We do quite often Escape Rooms and this was the first time that a marathon was offered. In fact, you do two Escape Rooms ... one room leads to the other!
The owner of the Escape room really enjoys what she does. We think, she has as much fun watching us play as we have solving the different riddles.
There are many different kind of riddles and it never gets boring. It kept surprising us ...Written 17 August 2022
- Would highly recommend booking activities with Due North. We contacted Due North prior to arriving in Lapland to book our activities and they helped us schedule everything. We did a Nighttime snowmobile northern lights hunt and then the Akas 360. If we were there another day, I would have done the Akas 360 again that’s how much we loved it and enjoyed the scenery. It was truly an amazing experience. They also provide transportation to and from your hotel and provide clothing for you to use during the outdoor activities.Written 21 February 2022
- Spent two days on (whitewater) kayaking trips with Jussi: first with packrafts and then with kayaks. Everything was planned (and customised!) as to our wishes and executed perfectly. Jussi was great in instructing us on safety and proper technique, and we enjoyed hearing about Lapland wilderness and regional customs. Perfect light lunches in between, too!
Contacting Jussi was easy and his replies were quick. Highly recommended!Written 4 June 2021
- We made a kanu trip and a fishing excursion. Both were a great experience. We spent relaxing days with nice people.Written 3 September 2022
- I was guiding a tour in Levi last week and we rented some fatbikes with Hidden Trails. Everything went smoothly, the bikes were already ready and Tytti showed us the way to reach the trail and gave some helpful advice. I would pick them again for future tours in Levi.Written 15 March 2022
- Huge sportshop where you find everything for winter activities (snowshoes, ski ,cross-country ski, shoes, bycicle,...). Good product but expensive if you come from Europe (price similar as Switzerland). All the winter brands are present.Written 5 January 2022
- We went to Akaslompolo with Lapland Travel in January 2020. Everything was perfectly taken care of. Every activity was organised and even the extra activities fitted the travelscheme perfectly.
The travelguides were pleasant people and always down for a chat and most importantly, always there to answer your questions. I would totally recommend to travel with Lapland Travel! I might even go to Lapland again, someday!Written 19 August 2020
- We had a tour of the farm at perhaps the worst possible conditions - it was -32C and the five-year old had not experienced nearly as severe colds before causing a sort of shock to her. The host, however, saved the day by his uplifting and friendly attitude and behaviour. It was a visit to be treasured in our minds.Written 30 December 2021
- Fantastic guided snowshoe trek up the fells of the Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park.
Very knowledgeable guide (Maria) who frequently checked on the group to make everyone was ok.
This was my first time on snowshoes, based on this experience I would certainly use Q5 Safaris again.Written 22 February 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Akaslompolo
- The most popular things to do in Akaslompolo with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Akaslompolo on Tripadvisor