Equipment Hire • Kayaking & Canoeing
Tours in Saint-Guilhem-le-Desert
Top Tours in Saint-Guilhem-le-Desert, France
- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked according to revenue made by Tripadvisor on those bookings, plus the number of page views by Tripadvisor users, and the quantity and quality of reviews
What travellers are saying
- We really enjoyed the 12k descent. It was very quiet and peaceful, we saw lots of birds and animals (herons, a grey wagtail, an otter (possibly!), turtles, a fox). The rapids were just challenging enough, and there was plenty of water to get down although the river level was low. We booked in advance, which was useful, as we knew what time we would be leaving and knew to buy a packed lunch. It was good that the bus ride was to the start, so our car was there when we finished - no hanging around in wet clothes. The canoes were comfortable, and there was a toilet and changing area at the start/finish.Written 5 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We choose a 12km trip down the river L’Hérault. You get your life jacket and some explanation of the rapids and more dangerous places at the check-in point. A tour bus gets you in 20min to the starting point. Wearing a mask is mandatory on the bus, so don’t forget to bring it with you. We booked the trip of 14h and left at about 14h45 at the starting point. We stopped two times to swim and relax a little bit. But more is not possible because you have to get back to the arrival point at 18h at the latest. The last kilometres were heavy duty because there’s less current. So I would recommend starting in the morning at 10h or 11h if you want to stop regularly for swim or pick nick. The water was clean and warm, so ideal for swimming. Don’t forget sunscreen for your legs!Written 31 July 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We used the park and ride scheme from here to the village. A FREE SERVICE which was excellent and worth it.
The area around was worth a walk to the Pont de Diablo and to see the gorges which were stunning.
We only wished we had brought our bathers so we could have gone down to the river to swim.Written 25 July 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing tour by this very good tour guide. Enjoyed it very much. Nicely combined speaking English for the non-French people in the group with French for French-speaking.Written 23 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a beautiful location - found parking ok on a Tuesday in late May, and the streets were not too busy at all. I guess that can be different in high season.
The village itself is beautiful to walk around, and be sure to see the view from the road as well with the giants castle ruins behind the village. If walking on beyond the village then note that the giants castle path is closed at the moment, but its still well worth walking up the walking path for 15 minutes at the end of town for elevated views over the village, valley and surrounding peaks.Written 5 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Saint-Guilhem-le-Desert
- These experiences are best for tours in Saint-Guilhem-le-Desert:
- Discovery of the Grands Sites de l'Hérault from Montpellier
- Private full day wine tour and Medieval Village from Montpellier
- Excursion in Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert
- These places are best for tours in Saint-Guilhem-le-Desert:See more tours in Saint-Guilhem-le-Desert on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for kid-friendly tours in Saint-Guilhem-le-Desert:See more tours for children in Saint-Guilhem-le-Desert on Tripadvisor
Saint-Guilhem-le-Desert Tours Information
|Tours Prices From||S$15|