Hi, just wondering a couple of things:
1. What is the weather usually like in November
2. Does the resort cater well for vegetarians?
3. How much are cocktails?
4. How much are the watersports?
5. Do you have to pay for room service (staying half board)
Thank you :)
I forgot to say they cater very well for vegetarians , no worries food amazing , vast choice too
Oh and water sports are not expensive , average
Hii we didn't use room service but yes u would have to pay extra .
We went October the rainy season , we had 1 or two storms per day but the came and went so quickly , it was amazing to see . The temperature was about 26 degrees .
We didn't have cocktails , sorry can't answer that one .
I just saw your questions now. Sorry for late reply.
1. November is good. Could be rainy but usually rain lasts just shortly and sun comes back again.
2. No worry about food. Good vegetarian choice and excellent quality
3. cocktails are not expensive. Cheap neither I'd say. Average price.
4. Watersports are not expensive in principle but quality may result to be low (depending on expectations) and that may be perceived as expensive.
5. Yes room service is charged. But quality of fruit (delicious!) and service make it worth.
Hope it helps!
Enjoy Maldives!! :)
It can still be quite rainy in November. Dry season is Jan - March. In a week in November we had 3 patchy days of rain. However it comes and goes with sunny spells in between and did not significantly impact how amazing the holiday was. Otherwise it is 25-30 degrees. We found weather to be great!
Food was incredible, we are not vegetarians but vast selection definitely catered for this.
About $14 up to about $18 for cocktails. Although have happy hour at library bar this just brings them down to price of pool bar.
Kayaking was free and stand up paddle boarding free once you show them you're capable. Purely because tide is low and during low tide it is easy to fall on a rock. Windsurfing lessons were average price and guy was great, motorised watersports had a cost but uncertain how expensive.
Yes room service is extra. Even if take something from minibar you will end up with a room service charge of $5 or so.
3) My friend ordered a cocktails in the beach bar, I remember I was about 14USD.
4)Reef Snorkeling & Boom Net are 65USD and subject to 10% Service and 12%GST
Went in early November and had 2 days of rain followed by 8 days of beautiful sunshine! Food was excellent and plenty of choice for veggies as mostly buffet . Alcohol is expensive ($25 for a glass of wine and a beer) but we took the view that unlike other holidays you don't spend much on excursions so that is just a cost of the holiday.sorry too lazy by the pool to know much about cost of water sports but the snorkeling was excellent and other than boat trip out to a reef (extra cost) that was free. Yes you do have to pay for room service though we hardly used it as the meals were so filling (we were on half board). It is a beautiful resort and you have no option but to relax!
1) I stayed in Maldives for 8 Days in early Nov，the first 5 days were sunny, 6th and 7th day were sometime sunny, sometime cloudy and rain for a while. The last day rained all day. Actually weather is better during Nov- next year Mar. It is not true to say it never rain in Nov. Also sometimes it rains in South Maldives but sunny in North Maldives.
So sometimes you need some luck if you only go for only a few days.
Get an answer from The Residence Maldives staff and past guests.