Took my daughters to a spend a day here...it was a interesting experience...the hotel is a relatively small one.. not very famous comparative... however it's one of the only place that give u a day room at a reasonable price.. and the pool is pretty decent and very clean... and the food also very nice had a fried rice and devil chicken which was quite nice... overall a pleasant outing... and not heavy on the pocket too.. recommend for families who want a quite outing...
I have been going a lot to Sri Lanka and especially the Bolgoda lake area, so I know the standards of these hotels. Experience makes you look at the price since you will get the same service nearly all over. Lakenest Bolgoda Resort is no exception, it has changed ownership reacently and the service is good lets say normal. The staff is friendly and goes out of their way to make you feel comftable. Rooms are spacious and cleaned everyday. The pool is a kind of a joke hehe cause it was half full and very shallow. Wifi only worked in the lobby don't expect it in the rooms. The location is normal like all hotels that face the lake, you have to go through narrow streets first. The hotel grounds at the back are very well kept and spacious. On the whole for 8 nights I paid 230 Euro including breakfast which was ok, and that price makes this hotel worth.
I really enjoyed staying at the LakeNest Bolgoda Resort. I booked it the day before (having a different hotel cancel my booking, but that's another story...), and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was for the price.
We stayed in one of the junior suites; the room was spacious, with the bedroom on a separate mezzanine level. For the price we paid, it was more than I was expecting.
There is one big downside to the hotel - the location. Although there is a nice view over the nearby lake, it is in a fairly industrial area, so there isn't much for tourists to do locally. It is around 45 minutes to an hour by tuk tuk to Colombo, at a cost of 1000-1500 rupees each way; and the tuk tuk drivers don't tend to know where the hotel is! There is a train station in Moratuwa which is a short tuk tuk journey.
The Sri Lankan food at this hotel is very tasty - I think the nicest I had during my whole stay in Sri Lanka. I would heartily recommend asking for rice and curry for breakfast - it was much nicer than the 'western' alternative.
The staff couldn't do enough to help, and were very friendly. The hotel was very quiet when we stayed there, with only a few other guests around.
The pool is pleasant enough, but there are no sun loungers which is a shame. There is little to keep you entertained at the hotel - in some ways it reminded me of a traditional British bed and breakfast guesthouse.
As nice as the hotel was, I don't think I would return; simply because of the location. I'd pay more money to stay in a hotel in Colombo, or near the beach on the south coast.
I attended an event there and stayed the night in one of the spacious rooms.
The view from the main hall was stunning as you can see the glittering blue lake.
The food was delightful, it had a variety of choices, but many local dishes
Service was top notch
The rooms had a TV with a good selection of channels
Though since the hotel is fairly new, it didnt have wifi in the rooms yet
Bathrooms were very clean
I didnt get bitten by any mosquitoes which was surprising
Pool was clean and was very enjoyable after a humid day in sri lanka
a great experience overall
1) I returned one night to find my bathroom flooded. The hotel staff had been working on the water mains but had gone wrong somewhere and not fixed the problem. This in turn meant that my bedroom was full of huge cockroaches. When I informed the hotel staff they found it funny, laughing at me and not offering an apology whatsoever.
2) The rooms had not been cleaned and bed sheets were dirty.
3) The hotel does NOT have wifi as advertised. They have a free trial which lasts for a very short time and can only be accessed (with very poor reception) in the lobby area.
4) The hotel advertises that they have cable TV - they do not. They have a few fuzzy local channels but no cable.
5) The water sports and activities advertised are not available.
6) The hotel pool looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks - the children's part of the pool and a thick layer of scum on the top of it.
7) The hotel is in the middle of nowhere and no taxi drivers knew where it was which meant I spent a lot of time and money driving around looking for it.
My advice is pay the extra and stay somewhere else.