Visited this place with my husband and other family from his work. We have booked on a day and that was the best choice! The atmosphere is really like at home, a lot of wood and stone, fresh air and so quiet and relaxing!!! It is very close to the ski lift and the ski rental shop based just across the road.
The staff is nice and very polite.
Strangely we had only one set of towels in our room and one set of sleepers, but we had another set of towels as we requested. Sleepers were still missed, but it was so impeccably clean and warm that it did not bother me too much.
Nice breakfast as well!
I would love to come back!
Close to lift and pistes (50 m to smaller chair lift, 200 m to main cabin), and a pleasant 5 min stroll to city center. Spacious room with balcony, very good food and fantastic staff. Good wine cellar, with quality wines available by the glass.
Hotel was well located but overall felt a bit tired. I love my cups of tea and there was no tea/coffee in the room. Bed was not the most comfortable but room was cosy enough.
We had the sauna to ourselves which was lovely . However the relaxation room was a bit basic.
Breakfast was decent and had plenty of vegan options
Staff were very friendly and welcoming.
Really enjoyed our stay during half term at this hotel, and will most definitely return. Excellent buffet breakfast in the morning with selection of cereals, pastries, can you choose eggs also. Only criticism is the coffee machine. We had room 302 which was a family interconnecting room, with a modern shower room. Furniture slightly dated but room had a lovely feel. Staff always helpful and pleasant. Children enjoyed the evening meal, trying the different foods. There was a large selection of appetisers such as large meat and cheese selection,then starter, main course and desert. Chose on the menu the night before which I thought was an excellent idea. Quality was very good overall. Only thing I would have liked was for the restaurant to open before 7.30pm
Used the sauna every afternoon, which had mood lighting and music! It was never busy. Bottero Ski was 20 meters away for hire of skis etc, if you mention you are staying at hotel you get 10% off, although best to book online as we queued for along time. Hotel was a 8 min walk to gondola (100 meters say). Town was 5 min walk the other way and beautiful.
Stayed for a week of skiing with my family.
First the good things:
- nice location closed to lift (but not ski in/out). Walk is approx. 100m to lift.
- spacious rooms (only seen the family room)
- great wine list (as in GREAT)!
- very good food
- super nice staff in restaurant
- nice staff at reception
But - a few things should be improved:
- breakfast is from 7:30-10 according to hotel - but if you are later than 9:15-30 buffet is empty and staff is busy in preparing for dinner setup!
- dinner is from 7:30-9:30 pm and you are basically kicked out of restaurant at 9:30. We like to enjoy our wine when on vacation but we felt pushed out every night.
- during dinner, the head waiter is asking for a note where you complete your wishes for next night’s dinner - can choose from 4 different starters and main. He’s extremely stressed about this note and asks several times during dinner if you have completed the note.
- room cleaning was terrible. Large pile of dust was not vacuumed during our stay - even when mentioned at the reception.
- skiing cellar is old and dirty and down some rather slippery stairs.
- hotel need renovation within next few years.
Conclusion - we enjoyed the stay indeed and food and wine was amazing. And location is best in town for skiing. But some improvements are needed and renovation is soon needed...