Excellent location. As a single female traveller I felt really safe. The rooms were spotless and thoroughly cleaned. Bed was super comfy and loved the large wardrobe and mirror. Parking was very reasonably priced and it was great to have a spa and sauna. Convenient to be so central to restaurants and bars right on the doorstep and 5min walk to the wharf area. Free and unlimited wifi was such a relief. Really friendly and helpful staff too. I had a studio apartment but upgraded to a one bedroom when I extended my stay as it had a washing machine, cooktop and awesome balcony. Highly recommended and I will definitely be booking here on my next visit!
Had a great stay at Brunswick Central hotel. I arrived quite late from Perth and they send me instructions how to do a late check in, which was very convenient. Room was nice and clean, comfortable bed and so close to the cool waterfront Cafes and restaurants. (Thanks to the manager that was so nice to instruct me around).
Will definitely stay again!
If you are staying a couple of days in Brisbane, this is a very good location to be. It's easy to arrange to meet friends for a meal or drink. The 199 bus literally stops at the doorstep and Fortitude Valley is just a short walk up the road. If you walk up one of the side streets towards Bowen Terrace, you can take the public lift down to the beautiful new Howard Smith Wharves and Brisbane River Walkway.
I stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment for 4 nights. The check-in was friendly. I arrived early, about 9am, and the reception stored my luggage for me while I went for brekkie and then texted me as soon as the room was ready at 11am, ahead of the agreed 2pm time. I thought that was very nice of them to be so accommodating.
Initially I wasn't too impressed when I got to the apartment. The furnishings was a bit lacking. It didn't even have a dining table but there was an outdoor table and chairs on the balcony. When I spoke to reception, they immediately helped me to move it into the apartment so I had somewhere to eat. Overhead lighting was poor but there were some lamps to help with the dark spots. The curtain in the bedroom was not wide enough to entirely cover the glass sliding doors, a bit annoying when you want to sleep in. The overall experience could improve so much with a little bit more attention to detail to raise the comfort of the apartment.
However, these are just minor problems. I had a good stay and it was a really convenient spot. I also think the people managing the place were great at their job. On my last night there, we had an unexpected fire at midnight and the alarm got us all out of bed. Despite the scary moments and inconvenience, it was handled very well and professionally.
The location was both a attraction and detraction. Very close to the CBD and Fortitude Valley nightlife and restaurants, but for the same reason (and this was really only bad on Saturday night/Sunday morning) our stay was affected by noisy over-exuberant revellers into the wee hours of the morning. I liked the layout, modern feel and look of the apartment and the separate bedroom and the balcony (although not all rooms have one).
Wasn't much wrong at all for the price. Some things were showing signs of wear (eg cracks in tiled floor), but overall not too bad, and the bathroom wasn't 100% clean, but more than passable. The TV was only small, but who goes on holiday to watch TV?
I stayed 2 nights at the tail end of a business trip and loved my stay here at Central Brunswick:
- Great location right in the heart of Fortitude Valley and only a short walking distance from Brunswick Street Mall and local bars and restaurants. There are quality restaurants and bars literally right outside in the Brunswick Central complex too. Trendy New Farm is only a few minutes away. Not to mention being only 500 metres from the Story Bridge.
- Great view/vantage point out to Brunswick St from my room, which had a balcony (I could see up Martin St to the CBD on one side and down toward the mall/out to Judith Wright Centre on the other. Was great to see the colourful Valley characters passing by too.
- Surprisingly quiet given the busy area right near lots of bars and clubs. I had no problems with noise or sleeping despite my bedroom being backed right onto Brunswick St and being there on a weekend.
- Free secure car parking on site with easy entry and exit (big tick ✔️ for this one)
- Excellent value for $100 a night. The free wifi worked well, the room was self-contained with cooking facilities and plenty of space. The staff were very friendly and attentive and helped with all my questions around access and parking etc before I arrived. I got to checkin early too.
I must say I loved being back in the heart of Brisbane’s night life capital. I used to live just around the corner and it brought back some great memories of my days as a Valley/New Farm local. This place is perfect for a short stay if your keen to get out and about. I’d stay here again no question when I get back to Brisbane. Hopefully soon!