Hotel in excellent position for airport and the town centre. rooms were very clean and comfortable, breakfast was very basic and had no breakfast tea (only complaint)
Although I checked out at 12 I was allowed to use the pool, which was brilliant as it was 40 odd degrees. There is a bar up the road in front of the hotel called Bar Primos which was great food and very good for the money.
Spent 3 nights at the Mercure Rio Badajoz, and although overall it was not bad, it is certainly not up to the usual Mercure standards. The bedrooms are somewhat dated, and the decor is shabby.
We were initially offered a room on the third floor overlooking the main road, but declined it, due to the traffic noise. We were then given a room at the rear, which was significantly quieter, larger, and had a small balcony. It was comfortable enough, but the bathroom was a little tired, with brown water staining in the toilet bowl (not pleasant to look at, and could not be removed) and the jacuzzi bath (hurrah!) that did not work (boo!). The light therapy shower (!) was interesting .. a bit like showering in a disco!
The positives: lovely staff, nothing was too much trouble for them, and free car parking. The pool/sun area was also very well maintained.
Hint: rather than pay €8 per person for breakfast at the hotel, go to the La Alecena restaurant immediately next door .. tostada and coffees for 2 at less than €5!
Well located located, with good parking facilities. Swimming pool is a plus, but small and with very few space to have a rest. Rooms are completely outdated. Lots of noise (children) coming from other rooms also.
The hotel is a bit too old fashion. The best place of this hotel is the swimming pool with very good water quality. The hotel needs renovation. Currently it is managed by the ACCOR group and the service standard is well maintained. In case of food, there are other good restaurants within walking distance.
Overall this is a nice hotel and goos value for money.
- The rooms are a good size and clean with little toiletries replaced everyday when being cleaned
- Hotel staff are friendly and helpful, both in English and Spanish
- Good location to walk into town
- Car park is large, round the back of the hotel
- Value for money
- Wifi doesn't work in the rooms right at the end of the hotel, as this was a necessity for us the hotel happily moved us to a more central room.
- If your room faces the main road expect to be woken up about 4am by very noisy people at the end of their nights out. This happened 2 out of the 3 nights we stayed.
- Pool area not open, despite being 26 degrees, there was no chairs or anything in the outside space and the pool was closed, this was highly disappointing and very misleading on their website/booking sites as it is advertised to have a pool!
Overall is was nice though :)