We had a look at the reviews before booking and it seemed a fair place, comparing to the centrally place it was located. So we booked it for 4 nights.
We arrived at the hotel around 20.00 and the owner greeting us a smile (good one but discovered later that was fake).
1. The place can’t be called a hotel, it has no reception and no waiting area. There are only a few rooms divided in 4 flours.
2. He showed us our room and we were shocked. They were very dark with fake wall decals that was full of moisture. The bedroom furniture was kept together with masking tape and some sewer smell was coming up from the bathroom sewage
3. The room smelled like tobacco as people used to smoke in it. After our reaction he offered another room that seems bit more decent but still very low quality.
4. He demanded to be paid in cash immediately, no cards, and not at check out. He was very firm on this, and something fishy was smelling. We paid and he didn’t gave a receipt. This I call black money that nobody knows if were paid or not.
5. After trying to have a shower that night we were surprised that the hot water was working 3 min and then 1 min cold water and on and on. After the bad shower experience we tried to sleep. We don’t know where, but from the window all the night there was a strange loud noise from some birds in the vicinity. It was very difficult to sleep properly. Than the final touch at 06.00 AM: The back of the building is surrounded by shoe fabrics that makes a terrible noise since 6, so practically we slept only till 6.
6. The next morning we called the owner and asked him to fix the shower. He apologized and promised to do that. However when we came back at 2 AM there was a very big surprise, there was NO HOT WATER at all… since it was too late to call the owner we decided to sleep and call him the next day.
7. The next morning somehow the hot water was back again. My pregnant wife went to have a shower and in the middle of it … no hot water again. My wife was shocked as she was left naked, full of foam, waiting for the hot water.
8. I immediately called the owner and he send 2 big guys to try to repair the hot water central system. I told him that I want to leave the ‘hotel’ and I want my money back, I demanded 2 nights (not used till now, and 1 night before that I couldn’t have a shower) which in my opinion should be granted, cause I could not have left the room at 2.00 in the morning.
9. At that point things got serious. The owner ironically told that if you left the room at 2.00 am I could refund 3 days. How could I leave the room with a pregnant person at past midnight. Than he started threating me by telling: do you see the 2 big guys that came for the shower? Either you leave with only 2 days refund or you will leave without refund at all. This is a serious issue that I reported to booking.com.
10. After I left I got notified by email that the owner was trying to cancel my booking and trying to charge my credit card. Also by canceling the booking he denies me to leave a feedback on the website, that’s why I am writing in TripAdvisor. Fortunately I blocked my credit card (my bank helped) in time, in order not to be used from the ‘hotel’ owner.
11. As I said before I reported the issue to booking.com, and when they contacted him, he told that he made a full refund (4 days). So he was even lying on the issue. Now you understand the fake smile he gave at the beginning.
Bottom line. Never book in this place, never ever, unless you are able to physically fight with big guys and the owner. He was a fraudulent, liar, threatening and extortionist person. He should be reported to the police.
Fortunately Istanbul city was marvelous enough to help us forget the bad experience we had.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC