We - two families with two kids each - stayed here for 3 nights.
Selected this place because of its ranking on Tripadvisor. Reached the place after a hectic 6 hours drive from Bangalore. Reached there at 4PM. We were pretty tired.
The host - Mr. Somasekar - welcomed us very warmly and arranged snacks and coffee at 5PM. The coffee tasted heavenl and the snacks were super tasty. It was very very refreshing.
The rooms looked really neat and clean. Beds were large enough for a 4 member family in each room, had clean sheets and good blankets for everyone. Everything in the facility looked new.
The property is facing the road. So, its not 100% silent environment. But, the scenary in the other side of the road is great. The space in front of the rooms are big enough to play badminton, but not cricket. We had good time playing badminton with kids.
The dinner spread was very good. They have a dining room that is quite comfortable for 8 people to have a buffet. The dinner had chappathi, rice and couple of veg gravies fry. The host also installed a RO water plant in the dining room and that gave plenty of drinking water. Quite thoughtful.
The sleep quality was good. The next day breakfast was also very homely and tasteful, again the spread was very native and tasted really good.
I have the same comment about all the food they provided all thru the stay. The lunch and dinner had good spread of local delicasies and fruits. Absolutely delicious food. Mrs. Somasekar is an expert cook and also passionate about serving the local specials to her guests. The couple make sure that they explain the special dishes and ensure that the guests taste without fail. Great hospitality.
People who book this place should know what it offers before making the decision -
What you can expect from here :
1. Neat and clean rooms with moderate facilities, nothing luxurious
2. Homely food in a hiegenic place
3. Reasonably calm place with facilities for outdoor games
4. Absolutely delicious coffee and snacks
Because its a homestay, there are some limitations too -
1. They are somewhat particular about lunch/dinner timings. They are ready to pack lunch for siteseeing etc, but they prefer to close lunch by 3PM and dinner by 10PM.
2. Hot water supply is somewhat limited. It comes all the time, but the outflow is limited. You should be prepared to wait till the bucket get filled with hot water before starting the bathe.
3. There is no dormitory to accommodate any maid/driver, so have to make your own arrangements in the nearby town, which is 16 KMs away.
But, the hospitality of the hosts surpasses the limitations and the guests who who expect peaceful holiday will get fully satisfied. The hosts are not money minded, they provided food to the driver of the vehicle we travelled without charging anything extra. That again is a very good gesture.
I would strongly recommend this place to all the families who are looking for a peaceful holiday with great food in Chikmagalur for a reasonable price.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC