This lovely B&B is run by a friendly and helpful couple. We had a small apartment, with a dining room and kitchen. Our lovely outdoor space was perfect to relax and unwind after a day of hiking the falls. The owners are very helpful, arranging transportation, giving guidance, making restaurant suggestions, etc. Good WiFi. Nice breakfast. Secure.
Had a great stay in Juan's and Sebastian's B&B, the two passionate and always happy to help owners of the place. Their place is a short walk from the central bus station and has everything you need close by. The room and bath was very clean and we had everything needed for our short stay. Juan and Sebastian are great guys who helped us to find great coffee and food places in Iguazu and in case you will be going to Buenos Aires they can equip you with a very useful "To- Do list". I can only recommend to take some time to hang out at the place and talk to the two,as we felt like family there and had a fun time with plenty of laughter....
It is my normal practice not to review hotels where I have stayed only one night, but here the proprietor, Martin, was so helpful that I have to record what happened. We checked out after 1 night, leaving luggage at the hotel, with a view to driving to a hotel elsewhere that evening. We returned to the hotel to collect our bags after visiting the falls, but we had been soaked through after a particularly heavy thunderstorm. Martin allowed us to take hot showers with fresh towels, gave us a room in which to change our clothes, and take free tea and coffee, some 9 hours after we had checked out!
We had a standard room with en-suite and wi-fi, no fridge. Nice atmosphere at the guest house. Safe area. A few minutes' walk from several good restaurants, supermarkets, and a bus-stop for the falls.
I've stayed in many cheap places where you don't expect much but at A$705 you expect much more than this. Unfortunately this place needs a good scrub and airing as there was a musty, damp odour everywhere and I'm not sure when it was last properly cleaned - the corners and windows everywhere including the bathrooms were filthy. If I hadn't booked online I would have left and gone somewhere else. I arrived around 5pm and my room wasn't ready as the shower needed fixing which would be done in 20 min. After I had waited 90 min, the owner gave up trying to fix it and offered me a different room where the electricity didn't work which he eventually fixed but then explained the attached bathroom was out of order and I had to use the one in the next room. The fan didn't work but there was an old noisy air con but then electricity went off mid evening anyway. This place is central and it's good to be in the city rather in the hotels on the way to the falls and the owner speaks perfect English but I would never return here and would not recommend this place.
We recently spent a night in the Guayra Guest House while visiting Iguazu falls. The guest house appears to be set up in the house of a local who rents his spare rooms out to tourists on a residential street in the heart of Puerto Iguazu.
- VALUE - We paid 350AR for a 1 night stay in a double room with private bathroom which was much cheaper than other options available at the time. This is not a 5 star hotel but it was perfectly comfortable and adequate for our needs.
- WIFI - Worked well
- ROOMS - Clean with comfortable beds. Accommodation and fans in the room to combat the heat.
- HOT WATER - Works although you need to know how to use it. Beware that you need to fiddle with the dial on the shower head to get the hot water.
- LOCATION - There is a supermarket 100m up the road. The bus station is a 5 minute walk away so there is no need to get a taxi to get to the falls.
- OWNER - I believe the owner of the guest house mentioned that he works in a tourist role for the 5 star Sheraton hotel that's located at the base of Iguazu falls. I would believe this as he spoke perfect English and was extremely knowledgeable about the falls. He can book transport if needed and will provide you with his own opinion on the best ways to visit the falls (which we followed and worked out well). Just beware however that because he works 9 to 6 you will have to catch him in the evening. I believe during the day his ?brother mans the reception. He is friendly but his English is not as strong and google translate will be required. The owner even allowed us to leave our bags in the hotel and use the communal shower before our night flight back to Buenos aires.
- BREAKFAST - Decent including various small portions of fruit, yoghurt, etc.
- As mentioned this isn't a plush level of accommodation but this is well reflected in the price.
This is definitely a great option for non posh, budget conscious travellers.