From the moment you walk thru the doors, Jeeva Saba has it all. Transportation to pick you up and get you to places, multiple public and smaller areas for your family to celebrate together or get away from each other. There's formal dining rooms, informal lunch and bar areas, media and games rooms and smaller cool niches dotted all over the property. The rooms range from generous to huge all with an indoor and outdoor private bath area and breezy day lounges. The bedrooms are very sumptuous with soft shhets, good range of pillows, soft towels & toiletries.
The bale round the pool is a wonderful space, facing both pool & beach. Our group comprised singles, couples & family groups & there was something for everyone including croquet on the front lawn.
There's a couple of beach clubs closeby, one walking distance the other a short drive. Activities include local businesses that do horse riding and quad biking that the staff can arrange for you, as well as some local masseur girls that can be arranged in house. The chef cooks a wonderful array of traditional & western food, all made to order. The coconut soup & satay sticks were wonderful. We spent a blissful week away from the madness of kuta and seminyak altho you can get driven to the clubs if u want to go & Ubud is only 30minutes away.
We booked Jeeva Saba as our wedding venue, since end of 2018, nearly a year before our actual wedding date in September 2019. As our guests will come from out of town and some friends and family will flew in from The Philippine and France, we booked an extra night. We also booked another villa nearby for our extended family member.
The venue is beautiful and fit perfectly for our small and intimate wedding party. And therefore, the 1 star it earned for this review.
HOWEVER, the villa management does not understand hospitality service and has done very minimum to their guests.
Here are the big let-down:
1. As part of our booking, we are entitled for 8 hours of car and driver usage daily. However, due to the poor communication, we (my husband and I) don’t even get information on how the arrangement works. The management FORGOT to mention, that if we don’t make advance request, the car and the driver is NOT standby at the venue. That’s why when we want to use the car to go to the restaurant after our rehearsal at 7pm on the 1st day after check in, it was not available. The same for the morning of the wedding day when 2 of our guests, needed a transportation to go shopping at 10am. Because we didn’t arranged in advance, car and driver was not on standby until 12 noon so our guests had to booked a taxi.
2. The ONLY request we made in advance was for an early (5am) airport drop for 2 of our guests for an international flight on the 22 September (the morning after the wedding party) which was acknowledged and confirmed by Dini, the villa manager. I (the bride) received a phone call in my room at 05:35 am from our guests that they couldn’t get a taxi and that the villa staff couldn’t get them a taxi. WHAT?!!!.... I ended up driving my guests to the airport.
3. No explanation and no respond received from the villa manager (Dini) or her boss (Pak Handi) for the entire Sunday of the incident. The staff who spoke to me during the breakfast said they never had instruction from the villa manager about this airport drop. Dini only showed up on Monday, our check out day. Offering half hearted apology and excused that her child was sick and therefore she was not presence on Sunday. She also mentioned, that when the driver finally arrive that morning, our guests were already gone. EXCUSE ME? We booked the transport for 5AM!!
4. The villa has 8 rooms. We barely filled the entire rooms with guests (maximum capacity of 16 pax). However, on sunday morning, 2 of our guests wanted to have pancake AND the American breakfast. The waiter was trying to tell us that they will be charged for ordering extra!! We were only 10 person in total that morning.
5. Same thing happened when we asked for some coffee by the pool. The butler said it will be IDR 40,000 per cup which we said fine. It’s not about the amount of money, but when you only have 6 person staying and paid for in a villa supposedly filled with 16 person, I think that is too much.
6. On the day of checkout, Dini approached and offered a complimentary 60 minutes massage for 1 person. A bridal party consist of bride and groom, and the complimentary massage is for 1 person. Well done.
7. We had another catering company bringing our Sunday brunch for the family. Dini told me that should have been charged as extra event. With the villa doing nothing. The outside catering company had their own crew and set up without changing anything.
8. Left over wedding cake was left out in the dining room without cover until the day we check out.
9. Water stopped running when I was in the middle of showering, and they didn't call back when they fixed it.
10. You hardly seen/feel the manager's presence
JEEVA SABA management could do a little better in their hospitality service. If so far they never had any complaint and that all their guests were happy with the very minimum things they’re doing, then they were lucky. It is a shame that such a beautiful property was managed poorly. And with the kind of the price tag they are putting, if I had known these at the beginning, I would have brought my business elsewhere.
You have been warned.
I have been to Indonesia 6 times and stayed in many lovely places, but none made me think of writing a comment on Trip Advisor until my last trip in August staying at the beautiful Jeeva Saba.
Jeeva Saba is a luxurious resort away from the hustle and bustle of the major tourist centre, but still within a short driving distance. It’s well kept grounds and gardens are in a beautiful setting overlooking the ocean.
Jeeva Saba breakfast is served in the Bale which overlooks the pool and the ocean, lunch and dinner is served in the main house which has 2 beautiful dining rooms. The food and presentation was amazing.
During out stay management organised a cooking class with the Chef which was one of the highlights of our trip as well as our visit to the turtle conservation farm next door to Jeeva Saba
All the beautiful subtle details picked up by the lovely manager and staff and the thoughtfulness made my holiday one I will always remember. It has defiantly been the highlight our of any of my trips to Indonesia
I would highly recommend Jeeva Sava
Jeeva Saba delivered in spades. We (being six singles, one couple and a child) had 5 nights of absolute indulgence.The property comprises a main residence with two suites and two other wings, of two and four suites all looking onto the pool or bale. Our king suites were beautifully furnished, some had outdoor showers and baths. The main residence boasts stunning décor. It was here that we dined altogether at lunch and dinner. Breakfast each day was served in a separate bale nearer the beach. The beauty of Jeeva Saba was matched by the staff and their attention to detail. Handi, Piya, Krisna and Wira were exceptional in their care for us. Chef produced amazing food both Balinese and western style for breakfast lunch and dinner each day Because Jeeva Saba is quite isolated we soaked up the indulgence, had massages in house, did a cooking class with chef, experienced the turtle conservation farm adjoining the property, walked the black sand beach and totally relaxed. A perfect place for a group of friends or family to exclusively enjoy the amenities and the indulgence away from the hustle and bustle of other areas of Bali. Pure serenity.
Jeeva Saba is a resort with 8 bedrooms, some with outside ensuites and some with amazing views of the ocean. I would describe it as luxury accommodation. I went with girlfriends for 5 nights. We had breakfast each morning which was a highlight as the staff here are superb. It was served in the Bale at the time you request. The chef cooked us dinner or lunch or both if we wanted and we did have dinner each night as we just didn't want to leave this beautiful property. We mainly ate Indonesian food as this was our request - the food was amazing. Followed by our happy hour we ate in the dining room at evenings. The pool and gardens are a delight so we relaxed, had massages (which Jeeva Saba organise), had a cooking class with the chef and long walks along the beach. We had a memorable experience as a turtle conservation is quite close - almost next door - and we released a turtle each. No shops nearby so the driver took us to Ubud for a day and another day took us to the Butterfly farm. They have a small gym, I only used the yoga mat. I cannot recommend the staff here highly enough. This is a holiday for lazing by the pool, relaxation, lots of chatter and the pleasures those brings.