Took a couple nights to be closer to Marina del Rey and get out of the heat, the service was so personal and accommodating especially given it was a "value" destination and amidst the covid restrictions. They went out of their way to make it feel like a 4 🌟 experience with pool, bar and service. And the room was just fine. Will definitely return.
Still during pandemic one must travel. I had business that required my presence. Employer booked my hotel through third party but I had to pay. Tried to use my Hilton Honors number but they wouldn’t take it. The hotel itself is nice and though there is no housekeeping during stay and no restaurant open they did have a few boxes items at the bar and lots of junk food in their kiosk. The room was what one expected. Bed was fine and pool was nice.
This hotel was in a nice area, can walk to many restaurants, grocery stores, coffee shops and the Marina. We were here during COVID as healthcare providers so this review can be taken with a grain of salt as everything in the hotel was closed. The rooms were not very clean as well as the property itself. It seems like they were operating on a limited staff as we saw the same individuals daily. There was trash all by the outside area and leaves, dirt and dust. It looked like nothing had been cleaned in months which truly should have been the opposite. The balcony's outside the room were very dirty as well which was very disappointing. Truly grateful that we had somewhere to quarantine but if the hotel wasn't properly clean or sanitized it really doesn't matter. I ended up bringing my own cleaners and cleaned myself. Would it be different if they had full staff..maybe, but they do need to make some upgrades since they are the hilton it should be higher quality than what was provided. There was a coffee maker and small fridge in every room which was helpful and we were able to obtain clean towels daily if needed.
Gregory and Jeff were awesome. The bed has to be one of the most comfortable beds that I have ever stayed on in a hotel. The location was great. But, the room was dirty, The clock didn’t work, and the glass to the sliding balcony was absolutely filthy I think somebody myst of had a dog in the room that we were in.
The rooms, I believe were outdated, the hotel is very outdated. Every day we were there we saw them working on the pool but unfortunately we are not able to go out to even to sit around it.
I hate the COVID-19 rules!
- Awful stink in room- very musty/moldy smelling so we kept the patio door open ajar to get the stink out. Few days into the stay we noticed an ozone machine in the hallway and the hall was OVER perfumed with room spray! Trying to cover up the stink but wasn’t fixing the problem.
- Shower plumbing didn’t drain - took long to empty the tub after you showered
- worn looking room - perma dirty carpet
- Pool area needed a good cleaning, used towels everywhere & generally very unkept.
- The heat kept turning on in our room by itself! Everyday we would leave to tour L.A. and we would come back to a stinky hot room!
- Paid extra for balcony - it was so narrow with no chairs or table. You can’t relax on it- why are they charging for this??
- TV was tiny - maybe a 36”.???.. like come on... TVs are so cheap!
- Internet SUCKED so bad!!!!! My device worked the first 2 days and then after that I couldn’t get it going at the hotel! Worked at every other hotel and everywhere there was wifi so it’s just junky wifi at this hotel..... very annoying!!!!
- Parking was a rip off but seems that all LA hotels over charge for this!
I would not stay here again unless I heard they cleaned it up!
Stayed at 2 other Doubletree / Hilton’s during my time in LA and this one was by far inferior....