I was called a few days ahead of my trip indicating the hotel could only take cash. As I arrived, I was asked to view and "accept" the room before checking in. I quickly looked to see if the bare essentials were there: reasonably clean bed, coffee maker, usable bathroom. I checked in and learned there was no hot-tub and the pool was closed. After getting into the room, I realized the floor had not been vacuumed in some time; quite a bit of food on the floor. I also saw evidence of cigarette burns on the carpet & bedding. I was there by myself (thankfully) to race the next morning and had to assemble my bike, so I accepted the situation. I noticed that there was a restaurant attached to the property, but the closed sign "to protect public health" filled me with dread. The next morning, I was prepping for the race (at 4am) and found that while there was a coffee maker in the room, it was missing a critical piece; so I had to improvise to make it work. After getting back from the race in the afternoon, I was looking forward to a brief nap in a cleaner room, but evidently housekeeping services were not included. Never experienced that before.
My standards & needs were very low for this trip, but this set a new low. The property has not been maintained for perhaps decades and is currently being renovated. While that is normally a positive thing, the only evidence of the renovation was the massive piles of junked furnishings all around the property. One could easily -- and accurately -- call this place a dump.
Since leaving, I have been sent two separate surveys from Choice Hotels & Quality Inn. However, technical issues have prevented me from actually completing the surveys.
Last point, if this place had rock-bottom rates, one might understand, but I paid $85 per night. Absolutely nuts.
I arrived for a one night stay April 28th 2016, as soon as I walked into the lobby, the place looked old and run down, smelt like mold throughout. I did check in and was given room 120 right in front of the pool ( I think I was the temporary guest) I was the only car in the lot. As I walked along to my room I notice the different doors and the alterations and repairs.I arrive at room 120 I have actual key's but there used to card locks on all the doors however they are loose and damaged. I go into the room and the same smell greets me, the bedding was old and uninviting, I needed to use the bathroom it was very unnerving. There was no garbage can, no remote for the tv. All in all 20 minutes later I checked out no caring if I lost my money. I do NOT recccomend this place at all.
Terrible lodging. Dirty. Bed Bugs. Mold visible in tub and on ceiling. Restaurant Terrible. Don't waste your money, even rate is cheap. Another case of a foreign person buying a motel and running it down. Also there was a dog swimming in the pool
Pool? What pool? Constantly closed. Understood when there was rain....but no rain for a week. Pool still closed. No explanation from staff: was told by front desk that they didn't know. Staff was very unaware of operations. No one knew anything! Very frustrating! Will not recommend at all. No better that the next door roach motel.
On the of day my trip I called directly to inquire about the swimming pool 23 hrs before my arrival. the instant I arrived, the hotel front desk agent says the pool was down as if they just found out 1 hr before I got there. During my 7day stay I spoke to everyone I. Could about the pool... no clear cut responses to when or how long it would take. The look of the pool seems it's been closed for a year possibly longer and they just got used to the way it looked... what's sad to me is the maintenance man never really tired to fix. To pool just claimed he poured chemicals into as pool that's already dirty...never tried too drain it, unclog any drainage system, he doesn't even look like someone who's pool cleansing capable.....