When we drove in and entered the lobby I was quite impressed. When we went to the room things were a little different ... this looks exactly like a low rent apartment complex, and I'm pretty sure it's one of those extended stay motels. I have to admit I was somewhat nervous about leaving the car but nothing happened so all's well. There is a pool and a hot tub but both were closed.
Hello, this hotel was not what I expected. The building and rooms are very old, need to update. My room was not good either. The floor was not throughly clean, the bedding was outdated and not matching, the knob on the sink broke, the water does not drain out the tub properly, the water in the pool is GREEN, the jacuzzi was dirty! A hole in the wall, old carpet, and the list goes on! Not a Satisfied Customer! Had no choice but to stay here to sleep because my MONEY WAS NON-REFUNDABLE!
Don't spend your hard earn money here!
My friends and I stayed one night (Thank God) in Building D of the Richmond Suites Hotel. These were the problems we encountered:
1. Upon entering the building, the smell of stale cigarettes, mold/mildew was overwhelming. I found this to be ironic since I had to sign a waiver promising to pay a fine if we smoked in the room.
2. Then we learned that there were NO elevators. Thankfully, the “cleaning crew?” volunteered to carry our suitcases up the stairs for us.
3. Our room was dirty (needed vacuuming at the least) and the odor of stale cigarettes was very strong there too. I called the front desk for another room but was told that there were none available.
4. The sliding door to our balcony could not be closed so it stayed ajar all night!
5. The television was a CRT television with the big tube in the back?!? Really??
6. Our room balcony overlooked the pool which was a deep green murky mess!
7. There was chipped and peeling paint throughout the room. There was mildew visible on the ceiling and on the radiator/air-conditioner.
8. Finally, the last straw was when (on Saturday morning) I decided to run water through the coffee pot (before brewing a cup of coffee) and got this gross cup and a half of filth! (see pictures).
Needless to say, our priority was to pack our things and leave. I did not complain to management upon checking out....I should have but I didn't. :(
I received a very large suite with a nice view overlooking the pool and was very clean. Arrived at the in the evening just in time to have a quick bite in the Junction 171 Roadhouse which was not open during my last visit. What a great new addition to this hotel.
Checked into my room,it was clean, smelled nice. The service was great my maid who serviced the room is very helpful, and curious. Was willing to help me with directions to places around town. The hotel breakfast was great and so was the pool. My room maid was Quantessa Paterson. Quantessa was always on hand asking if there was anything else that I might need to make my stay more pleasant.