Springhill Suites Lake Orion room 425 2Q standard suite.
• Fresh updated room with “studio” design, living area separated by half wall
• Two queen beds with choice of foam or feather pillows
• Modest 37” flat screen
• Separate seating area
• Very clean Indoor pool and whirlpool
• Several food choices within walking distance
• Has small micro/fridge combo
• Nice gym
• Decent work area with ample desk space but sub-par chair limits laptop time
• (4) 110v outlet at work desk, but no USB’s
• Light-moderate traffic sounds can be heard in room on occasion
• View from room is not the best as mentioned in other posts, but I’ve seen far worse
• No USB ports bedside to charge cellphones/electronics
• Only two 110 plugs to power anything in sleeping area
• Only 1 drawer to store clothes in addition to closet, doesn’t bode well for longer stays
One HUGE miss during our stay occurred on Sunday night. Without communicating anything in advance, someone came to our room on Sunday and said they HAVE to steam clean the carpet THAT DAY. I said everyone is still sleeping and they couldn’t come in. After three phone calls and two additional people coming to our room the desk attendant (Denia?) said she spoke to the General Manager and we HAVE to let them in to clean the carpet. I said, “No, have your GM call me”, which never happened. Now that everyone was awakened by the commotion we decided to pack up and leave early. On the way out, I spoke to Denia again and asked her to have the GM call me about my stay. She said she would relay the message, but that was three days ago so my next call is to Marriott.
Overall, I would give this property a 92/100 and a 94/100 for value, if I factor out the carpet issue. If you have an issue with the view, ask for a room on the opposite side of the building.
However, I doubt I would stay here in the future. While the property is fine the mindset of the employees is not consistent with Marriott culture and could be problematic.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Response from Springhill O, Manager at SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills
Responded 19 Dec 2019
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay. While we do want the property to maintain freshly cleaned carpets, proper notification should have been extended to you. As the new Assistant General Manager on this property, I just wanted to reach out and again apologize for your frustrations. We are sharing your review with all current and new staff, and using this as a training tool to show the staff how not to handle this type of situation. I understand that an apology will not correct the issue that happened during your stay, but I still felt it necessary to reach out and extend my apology to you. Jessica V.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC