We stayed at this hotel for one night. Upon checkout, we reported some of the issues that we noticed. The hotel is going to be closing and undergoing renovations according to the front desk attendant. That is great news! The hotel is very outdated, a door was missing across the hall from us and just leaning up against the opening to that room, water was on the floor in the elevator, there are a lot of water stains on ceilings, a big hole in the wall behind the TV in the lobby, in our room the crown molding was quite a bit crooked and had looked like there had maybe been an earthquake there is one point. It was a one or two star experience. Being we were there for one night, and we didn't get there until late, we just dealt with it to get some sleep. But that was another issue. The headboard hit the wall anytime we turned over or moved in the bed. Hard to sleep when you have a loud bed. We'd be interested in trying this hotel again after renovations are completed if reviews are more positive. Hopefully the new owners will take better care of the property than the previous owner did. It looks like it has been in terrible condition for a long time.
The property has severely declined over the last few years. No longer will I be staying at this property. Wallpaper peeling, giant bubbles in the wallpaper like the place flooded, ceiling falling apart... Sinks don't drain in the guest room. Overall terrible experience.
Worst hotel experience of my life. I have never been to a hotel that didn't have staff to help me with my luggage; had an over-powering headache-inducing floral aroma in the lobby; and had a general air of shabbiness and neglect -- even though the rooms were basically clean. There was a lack of attention to details -- empty plastic drink cups just sitting in the lobby; a dirty mug sitting on the floor next to the broken ice machine; the previous occupants leftovers in my room refrigerator....I felt sorry for the staff. The business center was marked "out of order" -- so I couldn't print, sign and scan an important document I needed for my house closing. The parking lot was a mass of potholes and signage was so bad that we had to use my phone's GPS to figure out how to get out and back to the road. It could be a good hotel if management understood and applied the techniques of service quality to its operations AND put money into additional staff and basic physical improvements.
Hole in the wall next to room door knob/lock. Anyone can easily can reach into the room and open open the locked door. Absolutely terrible, unsafe, scary, ridiculous. Complained to the front desk - told that there was no maintenance person on the property, no manager, guy said he'd try to contact a manager. Nothing ever happened.
And the place looks horrible, abandoned, like a movie set for "The Walking Dead".
I use to be a truck driver and have stayed at some VERY INTERESTING places in my time, but THIS PLACE HERE, YOU GET THE TITLE OF WORST ESTABLISHMENT...
Let's start with the signage out on the road directing you were to turn at into this establishments, wait, that couldn't be seen due to all the overgrown trees, weeds and grass, which makes the place look close and abandoned (my opinion). The entire parking lot was overgrown with weeds and had potholes, like they belonged on the highway.
Then we get our room from a friendly guy and proceed to the elevator, where I notice a panel missing inside the elevator on the left, HMMMMMM... We get to the 3rd floor where as soon as we stepped off the elevator, we noticed wall paper missing and what looked to be water damage, HMMMMMM... We get to our room and enter and it was OK, but not what I'm used to paying and getting from THE RAMADA... So being I just came off a red eye into Newark, I needed to use the bathroom, NOW THIS IS WHERE IT BEGINS...
I walk into the bathroom and the wallpaper is peeling from the ceiling, the crown moulding is separating from the ceiling, after DISINFECTING the toilet and taking care of business, I go to wash my hands to find you have to punch the handel on the sink upward to turn on because it's STUCK... I kept my socks and flip flops on the entire time in the room, just as a precaution... THIS PLACE TOTALLY SUCKED TO CALLED RAMADA... I WOULD NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN, EVEN IF IT WAS FREE