Although the outside is a little shabby, this is an older establishment and they new owners are focusing on the room upgrades. The rooms are VERY NICE! There was a little noise issue being on the bottom level, the resident above was having issues sleeping??? However when I told the gal at the front desk she gladly would have moved me but I didn't want to make a fuss. Also the price to stay here was EXTREMELY affordable!
We visit Ocean Shores once a year and have always stayed at hotels. This time we wanted a different option. We are so glad we chose the Siren! Super cute apartment. Full kitchen, pans, dishes, and ect. It's under new owners and being worked on. We cant wait to come back and see how they have improved things even more. We enjoyed our stay but did have a few things we wish we had. Our room window in the bedroom and the sliding glass door did not have screens so bees and other bugs would fly in. Other units had them so not sure why ours didn't. The upstairs deck could use some work. Overall we were very happy and look forward to staying again next year!
Our Hostess Diana was extremely welcoming and helpful. Everything in our room was spotless! This place is off the beaten path, on the southern tip of of Ocean Shores by Damon Point Park. It was perfect for us as we don't really go for the touristy, trendy places to stay. Pricing was very reasonable and a good value compared to other places in the area. I planned our trip around agate hunting at Damon Point and I was not disappointed! When we return to Ocean Shores we will stay here again. Thank you Diana for making us feel welcome!
Pull up and the place looks deserted, grass two feet high, empty parking lot, locked and dark lobby.
I called the number on the door, someone answers and tells me that staff will be there promptly. I call back 20 minutes later and tell them if the rooms look as bad as the outside we won't be staying.
Desk clerk gets there, unlocks the lobby. I enter, he gets my money and hands me two keys. I don't see him for the rest of the two days we stay there. I had to get the WIFI password from the maids who were wonderfully helpful.
My partner and I are a little freaked out, not gonna lie. We drive to our room on the other side of the property, unlock the door and walk in.
THEY SPENT ALL THEIR MONEY INSIDE THE ROOMS!! The room we got was lovely, perfectly clean and stylish. We got a kitchenette, and that was beautifully appointed with a farmhouse sink, a full stove and fridge, and a gorgeous countertop. The one drawback of the kitchenette, there was only about 1 square foot of available counter space! I still managed to pull off a spaghetti dinner the first night and a salmon dinner the second!
The room itself was lovely, the TV was large and had GOOD sound, the room was clean and very nice. The mattress? Well, it wasn't perfect, but it was better than some we've found. The only complaint we could come up with besides the look of the place outside was the mattress, so that should tell you something.
We also didn't have any kind of table to sit and eat our meals unless we wanted to sit outside at a picnic table. We ate our meals sitting on the bed, not fun.
The place was 5 miles south of Ocean Shores proper on the spit. Because of that we were surrounded by fantastic beaches and closeclose to the ocean. Not ON the beach, but within a 5-minute drive. It's obvious that this place is a summer location tho, we could see daylight through the crack in the room's entry door.
We rented this particular spot because we had two conditions, we had our dog and we needed a kitchen. The place fulfilled our requirements and we'd probably rent again if we had our dog with us. I DID this so my man could see how impractical it is to travel with a pet, and he admitted that he missed our regular freedom when we travel. I win! LOLOL
We went in the middle of June and can't lie the whole town felt a little deserted, like the beginning of a Steven King novel...lol. I would like to go back during tourist season.
Me and my sister got a room with a queen-sized bed for 3 nights.
- It had a small kitchen with a microwave, full-sized fridge/freezer, stove, oven, sink and coffee maker. The room even supplied pots and pans! A couple bowls, glasses, plates, etc.
- The quilt on the bed was really warm.
- Floors, kitchen, bathroom [and everything] were very clean
- The shower had great water pressure. No problems with plumbing.
- I'd say you get about 30 channels on the tv (no DVD player).
- Very nice view from small hotel dock! Especially at sunset.
- Thermostat in the bathroom, as well as another one in the living area.
- There's a beach entrance within a 3 minute drive from here - way less people than directly in town.
- Lots of board games available for rent in the lobby.
- 8 well-cushioned chairs in the courtyard around a gas fire pit, although I never saw anyone out there, and never saw the fire lit.
- The internet reception here is terrible. Only works about 40% of the time. And even when it does, it's slow as molasses.
- The walls are paper-thin. And if you decide to stay here, request one of the TOP rooms! The creaking of the wood as people walk around above you...well, you'll get little sleep. Bring earplugs.
- I'm personally not a dog person. Dog barking at 7am isn't my thing. This hotel is pet friendly. (Earplugs!)
- There's no pool, but there's a community center within walking distance; just tell them you're staying here, and I guess it's free of charge (didn't try it, but that's what the front desk told us).
- No complimentary breakfast, ice machines, or vending machines.
- You may have to search for the receptionist if they're even on the premises, otherwise the lobby is mainly "closed". Let them know what time you are arriving!
All in all, I would stay here again. But with a top room on the second floor, so I don't have to hear people walking around. Only body & hand towels in the bathroom; no washcloths FYI. It's a cute [remote] spot, though!