We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly. We support the following browsers:
Nico is an amazing steward of this beautiful rainforest. Her love and care shine each day. The food is fabulous! We had a group retreat and enjoyed the waterfall hike and the spa facials. The monkey's entertained us each day! I love the open air...More
I arrived with some friends straight from puerto Jimenez airport. The whole resort has been carefully curated to perfectly blend with its environment. A lot of care and attention has been given to provide an authentic eco lodge jungle stay whilst retaining just enough modern...More
Ojo del Mar is a serene and secluded little bit of paradise. We had an absolutely amazing time, so be prepared for a lot of gushing in this review... The gardens are green, lush, landscaped and really well-tended, apart from all the jungle bits of...More
As soon as we arrived at Ojo we knew that this was the perfect place for us to relax and unwind from the constant pressures of the modern world. Ojo is well off the beaten track and requires quite a journey to get there but...More
Entering the lodge is like walking into a picture perfect place for inspiration, reflection, meeting people and planning great adventures. Nico and her staff set an atmosphere that is unique among lodges. With yoga on-site along with a wonderful kitchen that cooks delicious locally inspired...More
We are considering staying here the end of January next year. I have a few questions:
1. There is a retreat happening the week that we are going...will it be awkward to be there and not be a part of the retreat?
2. How far is the hotel from the beach?
3. Is there a small town or other interesting area nearby to visit that we can walk to?
4. Is it possible to rent ATV or arrange other excursions from your location?
8 December 2016|
AnswerHide all answers
Are you sure you want to delete this question?
Response from Brian T | Reviewed this property |
1. We weren't there during a retreat, but there is plenty of privacy if you need that. One of our favorite parts of the stay were the dinners. It was particularly amazing because everyone staying there gathered and shared... More
1. We weren't there during a retreat, but there is plenty of privacy if you need that. One of our favorite parts of the stay were the dinners. It was particularly amazing because everyone staying there gathered and shared stories/suggestions. We met some truly amazing people and I'm sure the retreat would be the same.
2. the land ends at the beach. Some of the rooms are a short walk. At the most, 1 minute. It's literally right there.
3, There are a ton of interesting areas near by. There isn't really a town, but that's what makes it so enticing. There is one restaurant in town. It's a few hundred yards from Ojo Del Mar.
4. There are plenty of excursions close by. Hiking, climbing, horseback riding etc. Not sure on the ATVs, but I would bet you could rent some close.
Hope this helps!