We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
The hotel is modern looking inside. The room is typical bussiness hotel look, but clean and modern, good size, I'm happy here. Bath room offers just shwer but again, it's clean and modern.
Staff r very professional and helpful. Most of them speak English.
I had a very positive experience at Novotel. Ive been traveling to Sengal for humanitarian volunteer activities for 16 years and this is the first time I "splurged" on my hotel accomodations while in Dakar. I am extremely impressed. The location, the staff, room, quality...More
GOOD. Extremely comfortable rooms well designed and efficient with excellent storage, shelves, tables, electrical plugs, etc. plenty of space to unpack everything and be comfortable. Good size room and bathroom with separate toilet, hair drier, good modern shower, can even watch TV while taking shower!...More
Although the hotel is rated 4-star and is fairly expensive, it lacks many facilities and services that are expected of a 4-star property. The hotel does not provide iron and board in rooms on request and the laundry service is not too efficient and the...More
1. Getting visa – contact with Sen embassy. Despite of writting that EU citizens don't need visa, it wasn't so on December 2014. I simply registered via internet, paid ~ 50 $ and get visa in airport. I didn't do vaccination... More
1. Getting visa – contact with Sen embassy. Despite of writting that EU citizens don't need visa, it wasn't so on December 2014. I simply registered via internet, paid ~ 50 $ and get visa in airport. I didn't do vaccination against yellow fever.
2. About prices: July–late September is humid season, hotels reduce prices up to 40%. I visited Sen on late December. Excellent. That's hardto understand what You are looking for. I honestly recommend hotel Ibis, it is side to side with Novotel. Price is lower, the personal is more friendly, but You can use also services of Novotel, pool is common.
3. About fligts – there are very many possibilities, look internet. I like Turkish Airlines.
4. I guess – 1 day in Dakar for city tour is enough, 1 day for Goree Island, 2 days for Saloum delta national park, 3 days for Sant Louis, 1 day in Dakar at the pool before fligt. You will be happy!!!
5. Senegal isn't a cheap country for tubabs! But – there I'd met the most friendly people in Africa! Learn some words on Woloff and always be kind. Good luck!
As l am not a smoker myself,I am not really sure about whether you can smoke in any room.If l am not mistaken they usually ask you upon booking whether you want a smoking or non smoking room.I hope this helps.
Are you sure you want to delete this answer?
"There is IBIS hotel attached to Novotel; please check IBIS, may be smaller rooms but could be clean. Take..."