We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Came in yesterday with a friend and ordered drinks, as we was drinking our drinks we both realised out glasses and jugs smelled of bleach we called bartender over and he said he couldn't smell it on mine but could on my friend's and all...he could say was sorry. Now I don't know what cleaning products are used but I bleach isn't suppose to be one of them, quite disappointed as I spent alot in there yesterday and then to receive the response that I did was absolutely terrible maybe he was a trainee or I don't know but won't be returning and quite frankly I will be taking this further.. I work in the hospitality business and I know how difficult it can be but what happened yesterday was unacceptableMore
Ordered some food and drinks from the bar, food arrived promptly, however the drink hadn’t arrived yet. Understanding that this is a busy time for staff at the moment I waited around 15 minutes before asking a member of staff, who when I politely asked...for help, gave me a dirty look and ran straight over to the table next to me and flirted with the two girls on it, completely ignoring me. Just found this extremely unprofessional and rude considering I only wanted to ask whether the order went through. Kira behind the bar was so polite and delivered the drink straight away once I asked her, she is a credit to your team...the male waiter/bartender on the other hand, is clearly just there for other reasons...More
I have been coming here for many years and it's has previously always been a great experience. However, my last two visits have been terrible. I submitted a feedback form regarding the issues I experienced last time and haven't had any form of reply. So...after today's shocking experience I feel compelled to leave a review here.
I ordered breakfast, tea and an orange juice at 1039am. At 1101am there was no sign of it, not even my drinks. I asked at the bar and was told I'd given the wrong table number but it was coming now. Went back to my table and checked the number - it was correct. I went back the bar and told them it was the correct number and an apology for the delay would have been appreciated, rather than being told I'm wrong.
Food came a minute or two later. The lady serving told me again I'd got the table number wrong. I pointed it out and she just said "No" covered it up with a loose sticker and walked off! The table number on the gold badge had a Covid info sticker partially covering it. On that sticker was a hand written number. As a regular customer I'm used to looking for the gold badge number, not a hand written number on a very busy sticker placed upside down on the table (see photo - taken after it had been properly stuck back down over the gold badge number). Surely this is an easy mistake to make. Even if I was the dumbest person ever, it's not on to just tell a confused customer "No" abruptly and then storm off. I called after her as she walked away and said "Excuse me, can I speak to the manager?" and she said "I am" and walked away again. To that I said "No wonder the place has gone downhill recently and i'm shocked you'd speak to customers like that" (I've never seen this manager before). She then came to clear nearby tables and I pointed out my orange juice had ice in it when the receipt clearly said 'no ice'. She ignored me again and walked off once more. This was all in front of other customers.
There's a way of doing things. If I made a mistake, politely point it out and explain where I went wrong. The gold badge table number is what most customers will expect to see and use. So don't bite the customers head off, be rude and ignore them when they use them - in fact, why change them? Honestly can't believe someone has appointed this person as a manager. I won't be coming back until there's a change of management and until that happens I think lots of others will be doing the same. Recent reviews speak for themselves!More
Our visit today was to meet up with friends. We used the app to order drinks several times when the drinks were brought to the table we expected staff to take away dirty glasses but these were just left on the table. When we were...told that the garden was about to close we all came inside the tables were very dirty when we did get a table I had to ask for it to be cleaned. Most of the staff are very lazy. With the exception of the young blond girl with tattoos she seemed to be the only one doing her job. I would not recommend moon & stars Penge to anyone.More
The staff in the pub when I visited on Thursday 20/2/20 were so miserable , one of them served me 3 times and he did not utter a single word or crack a smile absolutely miserable also the table was filthy as were the wine...glasses . The actual pub itself is quite nice and toilets were extremely clean.More
Visit occasionally and it’s a standard Wetherspoons, but the service is nearly always slow. Today however I waited over 10 minutes at the bar to be served and even then I had to interrupt a barman serving someone else. There is no acknowledgement that you...are even there. Let alone a ‘who’s next’ or ‘“I’ll be with you in a minute. There are always more staff washing glasses or clearing tables than actually serving!! Very poor indeed!More
First family visit at 6pm on a Saturday, ordered drinks via the Weathespoons app and wamm 5 minutes later they appeared, ordered food 10 minutes after that on the app, we went and spoke to someone after waiting 80 minutes to find out how long...it would be, not so great, they had one guy delivering food and the poor guy was run ragged.
I rating this pub as a 3 as they could do so much better, but I would go back for a second time.More