We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interval International never has any inventory!

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Interval International never has any inventory!

Has anyone experienced the same thing?

I am a Marriott timeshare owner for over fifteen years and every time I put in my requests for other locations that are popular, I NEVER get it. I have put in my request in April 2012 for 3 locations in April 2013 and I still haven't heard. Interval keeps calling saying they don't have the inventory and asking if I want to change my dates or locations. I am so frustrated and angry because I could get cheaper airfare now then when the time gets closer. I exchange my week 1 year before, use a good trading week and nothing! Who are they exchanges going to? I don't recommend anyone joining Interval International!

275 replies to this topic
White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
7,235 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interval International never has any inventory!

Go on the waiting list. I have traded many times for "hot locations" you have to wait for sneers to deposit the units. It is a game. Sometimes you may not get advance notice. Keep trying. Call often and do not give up. Try to be flexible. You can trade 11 months in advance, remember.

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,903 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Interval International never has any inventory!

Interval cannot give you anything that hasn't been deposited.

It isn't a holiday company, it's an exchange company. They can't give what they don't have, they might have had the resort in but it may have gone to people that had a request in before you.

It is best to be as flexable as you can, we have been members for about 15 years and had some wonderful exchanges.

Edited: 06 August 2012, 02:48
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interval International never has any inventory!

Do I need to keep calling even though I am on the waiting list for the three locations?

I put on my request? I put my request in 4/2012 for next April so I definitely did that.

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,903 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Interval International never has any inventory!

Are there any more locations you could add?

Might be worth asking II if it's worth phoning them

Springville, Utah
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Interval International never has any inventory!

We have had a unit on deposit since August 2010 (yes, it's October 2012) and have had request in for any of 36 locations and no luck. That's two years on the waiting list and lots of calling. In fact, we figured out that we've put in over 40 hours trying to get an exchange. We purchased a two bedroom in a five star resort so would be able to exchange easily. We are looking at losing our all the money we've paid for maintenance fees and the deposit fee because Interval has NO INVENTORY. We've called often, changed our request and done everything to play the game, with no luck. We have requested dates that are not in season and still have no luck. Buyer beware when you waste money on Interval International. You may end up paying everything you are asked to pay and NEVER get an exchange.

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,903 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Interval International never has any inventory!

Maybe it's different in the UK, but we have managed to get loads of exchanges to very nice places we have gone to Aruba, Canada, Australia,Gran Caneria, Tenerife, Lanzarote, Wales, Scotland, America, Majorca they have all been very nice as well.

Good luck

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,260 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Interval International never has any inventory!

Change your exchange company. Check out Dial an exchange or Redweek. They both operate the same inventory system. One can check what inventory they have online 24/7. I gave up on RCI and II years ago. Good money after bad IMO.

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Interval International never has any inventory!

It doesn't seem right to me that a company can stay in business and keep members. So I must assume that since I put my locations on my wish(back in April) list that no one else has gotten a confirmation at any of these locations and Interval International has not gotten any inventory. I get it that I can add locations but when I am dealing with kids in school I am limited as to dates. Also, all of the easy locations to get we have been to and have had to sacrifice our "wish list" many times. It just doesn't seem right.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,260 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Interval International never has any inventory!

You may have to holiday in your home resort until such time as you can be more flexible with dates

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,903 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Interval International never has any inventory!

I don't know what the 'wish list' is but is it a definate request or just a 'wish' which perhaps is somewhere you may like to go sometime, rather than a 'want' to go there?

Just a thought, as I put in a definate exchange request and pay the money up front.

Reply to: Interval International never has any inventory!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted